PDA

View Full Version : need some help

warvet
05-22-2008, 06:27 AM
Hey guys,
I just bought a CH Throttle quadrant multi engine the one with 6 levers anyhow I was trying some experimentation with it and as soon as I plugged it in all my aircraft rudders were screwed up and the started going hard left yet in my PM instrumentation no rudder imputs. I went to assignments and cleared all and reset defaults reassigned to joystick, ch etc and stiff have same issues and I cannot figure it out why, I even tried default cessna, 737, 747 still same. Any ideas guys Im using FS9

Thanks in advance
Tim
A340

mpl330
05-22-2008, 07:01 AM
Hi Tim,

You checked the assignments within FS for the rudders on the TQ? Think by default it sometimes used to pick up a TQ lever as a rudder input when I plugged them in...

Cheers
Mike

Tomlin
05-22-2008, 09:29 AM
...and dont forget that FSUIPC may make it work even better then having it assigned in FS also! Just like the guide I pointed you to last time re the other issue.

Best of luck,

Michael Carter
05-22-2008, 10:52 AM
May sound obvious, but did you try the calibration routine?

Many times that goes a long way in solving control problems.

andarlite
05-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Make sure you use the CH Manager for doing the calibration. Also make sure you have the sensitivities set for it in FS.

I have this throttle quadrant and it works great.

Regards,
Henry

warvet
05-23-2008, 06:15 AM
Thanks guys for the excellent suggestions really appreciated. Can anyone tell me how exactly to use this device with FSUIPC and how to set it for 4 engines?

Tim
A340

PaulEMB
05-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Hi Tim,

I used CH THQ, Yoke and pedals for quite a while before cannibalising them all, and changing to an FDS joystick card and different pedals.

With 100% CH units, the CH manager is OK to use, but I found that when mixing joystick controllers, it was better to delete all FS assignments, and use FSUIPC direct, deleting CH Manager.

As Eric suggested, use the guide to CH calibration on Pete's forum - also make sure you check the section on modifying the default assignments in FS, as on occasions, FS resets your axis settings on its own.

My recommendation would be to use only FSUIPC direct axis assignment and calibration, and override the FS/CH assignments.

There are also some pics on my site of linking the CH TQ to MDF Throttle levers, using rods, with the TQ mounted under the center pedestal - may be of some use!

I have to say - axis calibration is a complex process - my final route works very well - get out the soldering iron, and spend another $100 with PC - then you can use all the excellent CH mechanics, with one controller card for all axis - I have 2 x pedals, yoke, 2 throttles, spoiler, flaps and nosewheel steering, and more spare buttons than I can use.

Good luck:p

AndyT
05-23-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't recall exactly where the file is but there is a step-by-step tutorial on how to solve this problem.
I'll look and see if I can find it.

AndyT
05-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Ok, try this....

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=205

warvet
05-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Thx Andy,
But the Download wasnt allowed :(

Tim
A340

warvet
05-23-2008, 05:18 PM
This is very very frustrating the TQ has no asignments to it whatsoever in FS yet my A/C continually turns in left hand full rudder and will not turn to right even tho rudder shows Right. :( Makes no sense at all.

Tim
A340

AndyT
05-23-2008, 05:25 PM
I just posted the file less than an hour ago. Let me send a message and get it approved for downloading.

AndyT
05-23-2008, 05:28 PM
While you are waiting for the file to become avail, where is your rudder trim set at?

Trevor Hale
05-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Try Now :)

warvet
05-24-2008, 02:55 AM
Andy,
I have no way of knowing where the rudder trim is set to can you advise me on that. Also dont know what the key command is to neutralize it back to zero. Thanks Andy

regards Tim

AndyT
05-24-2008, 05:23 AM
If you trim out to fly straight and level does the plane fly level or angled to one side like making a left turn?
(I'm pretty sure this is the case and this will solve your problem but go ahead and answer anyway.)

I forget the Key Command to put the rudder back at center in FS9 but if you engage the autopilot for straight and level it should do it for you in a GA plane. But I'm not sure about tube stuff.

Trevor Hale
05-24-2008, 08:20 AM
press the "5" key on the number pad, that centers Ailerons rudder and all trim settings.

Trev

warvet
05-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Thx alot guys I triedeverything nothing worked so system restore and its all good now :)

Thanks again Andy and Trev
Regards Tim