PDA

View Full Version : Erratic values from rotary switch

luker22
05-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Hi Guys,

I've recently re-wired some of the switches in my flight deck and one of these was the autobrake switch.

I am using fs2Phidgets 4.2.9 and an 8/8/8 board at present on FS2004 (FS9)

Now about 50% of the time when I select an autobrake setting eg 3, flightsim actually sets another value eg "off" or "1"....by switching to different values I eventually get the correct setting of 3....

Now...having a look through fs2phidgets I can see that each click on the rotary produces an "ON" setting and an "OFF" for the previously set value...eg when going from autobrakes 1 to autobrakes 2, digital input 1 reports "OFF" and digital input 2 reports "ON" and so on this is good and consistently works....however in FS2004 when viewing the autobrake panel on the default B737 I observe that sometimes (about 50% of the time) the autobrake knob moves erratically and sets the wrong autobrake value...i.e if I select autobrakes 3 it may go to 1 or OFF or whatever in a random erratic fashion even through the correct digital output has been triggered as observed through fs2phidgets...

I'm suspecting maybe some "noise" from the rtorary switch but then why when I view it though fs2phidgets does it consistently look like the correct digital output is being activated . ????

Has anybody else encountered this problems ????

Cheers,
Luke

pylet
10-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Yes, I too have this issue and haven't been able to find a fix yet.