PDA

View Full Version : AFT Overhead

gio62
05-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Hello to all,

I would want to know if someone of you has shaped the file phidgets.txt in PMSystem, with the commandos in order to make to work the AFT Overhead, thanks in advance payment to the persons whom they want to answer.

Ciao Giorgio Marzorati

michelmvd
05-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Hi Giorgio
Which aircraft type ?
Ciao
Michel

gio62
05-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi Giorgio
Which aircraft type ?
Ciao
Michel

Excuse you have reason, I have forgotten to say that it is for 737NG 800

Ciao Giorgio

michelmvd
05-14-2008, 05:41 AM
Hi ,
Sorry then I can't help, as I have a B744 and the phidget.txt file is completely customised for the B744.
I think the PM-cockpit demo is working with phidgets as well, maybe they can help you further.
Anyway the Phidget interface in PMSystem is very straight forwards, when you "hoover" over the virtual knobs, it saw the necessary variable name you need for your phidget assignment txt file.
B. rgds
Michel

gio62
05-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Hi ,
Sorry then I can't help, as I have a B744 and the phidget.txt file is completely customised for the B744.
I think the PM-cockpit demo is working with phidgets as well, maybe they can help you further.
Anyway the Phidget interface in PMSystem is very straight forwards, when you "hoover" over the virtual knobs, it saw the necessary variable name you need for your phidget assignment txt file.
B. rgds
Michel

HI,
I ask to you please perhaps if you can the same one send your file to me phidgets.txt therefore I can take example

eudoniga
05-15-2008, 11:31 AM
... sorry folks, which release of PMSystems are you talking about ?

I haven't seen any aft section of the overhead panel, so far ...

Cheers,

Eugenio.

p.s. ciao Giorgio !!!

vidarf
05-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Nah, no AFT overhead in the PM suite so far. The only thing of any interest there is the IRS panel. The rest is pure eyecandy. Would be nice if someone actually made it work, but the AFT panel is more in the "lavatory light" category than the lav light itself.

In my not-so-humble opinion. :) I have the AFT overhead, and will interface some parts of it - but just for eyecandy. :)

gio62
05-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks for information.

Ciao Giorgio

michelmvd
05-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Hi Giorgio
Sorry but it looks I misunderstood your question.
PM System has indeed no after overhead panel. To me knowledge not a single FS addon is providing that, even PMDG B747-400. Also I don't know any hardware firms which are producing that part.
For the B744 it is also the double of the size of front overhead.
Not so easy to simulate.

In case you still need my phidget.txt for the front overhead, pls ask.

B. Rgds
Michel

eudoniga
05-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Hi Michel ...

are you sure ?

I remember a simmer friend (not a cockpit builder, though) using one working IRS system ...

Not sure if it was either Leonardo's maddog or the PSS' 737 Classic (or maybe it was the PSS triple seven ...).

As for myself, I simply "converted" one overhead knob to the IRS function, by assigning the timer the usual 10 minutes of full alignment ...

Not too elegant, I admit, but at least there's something to do about this system when going through the pre-flight flow.

Cheers,

gio62
05-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Hi Michel,

thanks for the explanation, but if for you it is not a problem sends me your phidgets.txt, thus I can make a comparison.

Ciao Giorgio

vidarf
05-22-2008, 11:40 AM
The PSS 737 classic has a working aft overhead (at least parts of it). The IRS system is not simulated, however one could possibly make something that resembles the functionality using Opencockpits cards and SIOC. Simulate the alignment period, then show the position as presented by FS. It won't work EXACTLY like the real deal, but that is not the issue in my opinion. I plan to implement several features that doesn't do anything to the simulation itself, but I like to have all the eyecandy in place.
Why? Because I can, and because it will look cool. :)

michelmvd
05-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi Eu,
The IRS selection panel in a B744 is a part of the front overhead. So that part can be simulated in PMSystem.
B. Rgds
Michel

eudoniga
05-26-2008, 07:45 AM
Yep, Michel, the 747 ohd is where I knew about the good news for the IRS ...

then it simply became a matter of transplanting that logic to the 737 ohd, and it did work.

Not enough room, time and knowledge, though, to draw the entire section ...

that's why I simply converted a "minor" knob of the front ohd to do the job !

;-)

Cheers,

vidarf
05-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Let me get this straight: Are you saying that I can "import" the 747 IRS functionality into the 737 OH? That would be awesome!

eudoniga
05-28-2008, 05:05 AM
Let's not get lost into the meaning of words: I will explain and post the lines I added to my PMSystems 737 logics (and graphics) in order to simulate (to some extent) the presence of the IRS ...

No more, no less.

Ciao !

Eu

eudoniga
05-29-2008, 05:28 AM
Hello Vidar, you may wanna go see the thread I just posted in the PMSYstems section, and see if it fits your needs !

Have fun,

vidarf
05-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Yeah, I did. Thanks for the info - that was very useful! :)