PDA

View Full Version : Annunciator finished

spitfire9
05-09-2008, 10:50 PM
I placed a 6.3" lcd behind the panel to simulate the annunciator lights.

The gauges are built with Easygauge (C++) .gau files.

I think it looks quite realistic and MUCH cheaper than the original panel with the bulbs and circuit boards.
Much easier to program as well.

Here is a short video of the panel during engine start and shut down.
Its a low quality video ,,so the gauges are much easier to read in person,, but you get the idea.

Michael Carter
05-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Looks very real to me. Nice work!

Joe Cygan
05-09-2008, 11:32 PM
That looked awesome! I loved the sound affects.

warvet
05-10-2008, 02:55 AM
Now that is super cool and really really smart and timesaving. Well done

Tim
A340
Canada

Kennair
05-10-2008, 05:52 AM
Really nice Spitfire,

I've been thinking of getting hold of one of those LCD picture frames to do something similar as they're coming down in price however not sure whether they can be used or adapted to a VGA output.

Ken.

spitfire9
05-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Yes,, I had a really hard time finding a vga LCD that would fit in that space behind the panel.
I had to take the frame off and I cut out a plastic backing for the screen so it would fit.

I found that one on Ebay. Its not a touchscreen so it was cheap compared to most touchscreens of that size. I think I paid about $80.00 for it ,, where the touchscreens are around $200.00.

It would be nice to find a supplier that stocks all sizes of vga lcds.

688 689

Kennair
05-10-2008, 11:57 AM
How are you displaying the annunciators? Is this just a gauge window dragged to the LCD or are you using some other method?

Ken.

JBaymore
05-10-2008, 12:07 PM
The gauges are built with Easygauge (C++) .gau files.

Spitfire,

What is "EasyGauge"?

best,

................john

Tim
05-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Maybe this?

http://www.easygauge.net/

EDIT: But the site says for FS2002.

spitfire9
05-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Yes,just a panel window dragged to the small LCD.
Yes ,the above link is correct for Easygauge,, and it works well with 2004. I'm not sure if FsX uses .gau gauges or not ???

Each annunciator bulb is a seperate gauge, made with Easygauge software.
The gauges were then placed in a new panel for the aircraft using FsPanelStudio.

The aircraft being used is an older (Fs2002 I believe) Convair 580 model.

I really like the Easygauge software. I'm no computer genius by any stretch of the imagination and with some experimenting I am able to make some nice .GAU gauges.
I was happy to read on this forum that FSUIPC is now able to use mouseclicks from .GAU gauges to use with simulator switches !
That made the Easygauge software even more helpful to me.

It is an older program which makes support an issue.
I've noticed on their site that the purchase link has been unavailable since Jan1.
Also,, their forum,, which has been real helpful,, has been inactive for about a year,, due to hackers. you can still however enter the forum and do a search for problems etc.

Their demo is still available and will give a basic understanding of how the program works.

Trevor Hale
05-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Very Nice..

Looks excellent.