PDA

View Full Version : running phidgets and pm systems,

steve diamond
03-10-2006, 04:47 AM
hi guys,well things have gone well on my weeks hols,have built another two pcs,and have a 2.5ghz celeron now,ready to start testing the pm systems and phidgets on,
has anyone run the two programmes on the same pc?
on the phidgets info it says to run on its own pc,but im think a high spec pc should be able to run both,(i hope,)
ive put some honeywell switches on ebay at a pound each,pull type for overhead,if anyone needs some,
bye for now
steve diamond

dnoize
03-10-2006, 06:58 PM
steve, PM systems has native support for phidgets, you can drive the phidgets directly from within PMsystems without the need for (btw excellent) FS2phidgets software.

Stef

steve diamond
03-11-2006, 03:41 AM
hi,thanks for the reply,so do you set up with phidgets then just run pm systems to action the commands,?so i would only need to run pm systems on the pc?and not phidgets software in the background to,?
cheers
steve

ekezz
03-11-2006, 07:12 AM
Yes, for all the overhead/PM systems offsets this is correct.

PM Systems has a phidgets.txt in which you can assign Phidget ports to the PM system variable name.
In PM systems you have the option to let it show the variable names, offsets and values when your mouse goes over the switch on the screen. Enter the variable name in the phidgets.txt (through PM systems or manually by notepad) and you are done.
No need to run FS2phidgets for these variables.