PDA

View Full Version : New A320/319 panel style?

737aqua
05-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Is this the new A320/A319 style panel? Are the screens larger than the usual panel? Are all new planes being done with these ones?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/Airbus-319-cockpit.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/Airbus-319-cockpit.jpg)

737aqua
05-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Anyone know?

Matt Olieman
05-02-2008, 08:05 PM
I know there are two different style of MIPs, couldn't tell which one is old or new or if it's just an airliner preference. Never thought of it. But that style of MIP on the photo has been around awhile.

737aqua
05-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Is it me or do the screens look larger than the other style?

phil744
05-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I would have a guess and say the screens are the same size, this is one of the later Airbus A320 that now use AMLCD displays rather than the old CRT, the main difference that a CRT display has a natural radius of approx 40mm where those AMLCD displays dont have that radius, thus they look bigger, keep in mind the new AMLCD displays will be backwards compatible with the CRT displays, there like this on many Boeing aircraft.

Keep in mind Airbus flightdecks are assembled similar to your car!, all the instrumentation, gauges panels and switches are installed as normal then they overlay the MIP bezel, basically a nice looking piece of plastic that covers up all fastners and fixings producing a nice clean look, because the new displays have a square "active" area rather than an oval "active" area they have had to loose that radii on the MIP

dodiano
05-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Actually they are not larger just square... As Phil sid is just the overlay that is square and makes it look bigger... Although there are several differences in the systems layout between the CRT older models and teh ones with the new LCD screens!

Regards,

Roberto

737aqua
05-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Anyone know if any comapany will me making this style for its MIP? I would like to see FDS do so.

Lewis Simmons
05-03-2008, 09:49 PM
I don't think anyone will at the moment because project magenta nor AST (think that is the name) accommodate the new software suite such as the digital standby gauge like I described in the other forum. They might but Im pretty sure they dont so their parts are built so that they fit the software.

737aqua
05-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Pity, but I'm sure in the future they will update to the newest standard. Does that mean that all the rounded off MIP frames are using CRTs, or is that just a MIP style?

Also, I would like to see AST or PM partner with one of the new airbus software vendors in order to allow users to profit from their flight models, if there was a way to remove the logic - similar to how PM users can take advantage of the PMDG 737. If PM can do it with PMDG, why can't it be done for airbus users using AST or PM with airbus packages? Is it a special feature of PMDG that allows it.

Aqua -- future airbus builder.

737aqua
05-12-2008, 08:39 PM
It seems like AST do the new standby guages.

The new MIPs are the future, why aren't companies like FDS making this style isntead of the old CRT style MIP?

Tomlin
05-13-2008, 08:24 AM
It seems like AST do the new standby guages.

The new MIPs are the future, why aren't companies like FDS making this style isntead of the old CRT style MIP?

My best guess is just to be as best patient as you can be, and maybe some company will offer it eventually. However, you never know what to expect sometimes! Besides patience, (I know it's hard! :-) ) go have a read over at the FDS forum by going waay back and looking for a post regarding the development of new products and the continuation of the (then) current product listing.

737aqua
05-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Thanks, I'll be patient...anyway, I may end up going with the current style in the end.