PDA

View Full Version : Peter Dowson

warvet
04-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Hi Peter,
Always nice to see you :) Quick question I need to hook up both my airbus joysticks and both my rudders using FSUIPC so either pilot can fly can you tell me exactly how or what to input and checkoff in FSUIPC please.

regards
Tim
A340
Canada

Peter Dowson
04-29-2008, 09:27 AM
I need to hook up both my airbus joysticks and both my rudders using FSUIPC so either pilot can fly can you tell me exactly how or what to input and checkoff in FSUIPC please.

It's in the documentation. See the section called "Multiple Joysticks" in the FSUIPC Advanced Users' Guide.

For FSUIPC support in general, stuff not in the documentation, please check out the Support forum at http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54 . As well as the forum interaction there you will find Announcements with periodic updates and other useful things. There are actually links to it in all my documents, and on screen in the FSUIPC Options.

Regards

Pete

dodiano
04-29-2008, 09:33 AM
May I suggest one thing for the rudders... Just like in the real bus they are mechanically linked, so why not make a set of mecanichally linked rudders and basically connect them to one pot... That should make it easier instad of 2 sets of Rudder pedals.

Regards,

Roberti

Tomlin
04-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Tim, I cant speak for Peter, but I suspect he'd tell you to go back and read the manual! :-) (see, I was pretty close! I posted a bit late)

I have successfully connected two CH products USB yokes with no issues, once I carefully read the section in the FSUIPC manual that talks about assigning axes to FSUIPC vs. in FS9. A while back I posted a great link here that helped me do exactly that, and I see no reason why joysticks would be any different. However, I have had folks contact me to say that using rudder pedals didnt quite work as well, but they may have not put in the time to properly get it working right using the method Im pointing you to. This special guide for CH users should work just fine for you and it's very easy reading- just follow it step by step, and YES, it worked for me!

See this:

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/CH_Controls_with_FSUIPC.pdf

Good luck Tim

warvet
04-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Thanks Peter and Eric,
You guys always get me on the right track.

Regards Tim

Tomlin
05-02-2008, 04:48 PM
So, Tim...did this work out for you?