PDA

View Full Version : Ok Ok I Give In! But Need Help!

warvet
04-18-2008, 09:22 AM
Ok finally I agree to switch over to FSX because I do have to agree after a couple flights in FSX last night WOW! really big difference. Frame rates are not an issue at all Im getting avg 46-57 fpss even in high areas and thats with sliders cranked up max. Heres my concern that i really need help with not even my gear works in FSX, my FCU, CDUs,PFD/NDs etc nothing from PM works and Im really afraid of screwing up all my settings in the traansfer because i suck at cpus. Can anyone tell me in an idiot proof way how to do all the transfers step by step please! Thank you so much in advance. Does anyone have a good solid a340 that I can use in FSX as well.

Heres a little interesting event I dealt with about an hour ago some meathead crack addict tried to break into my downstairs it just so happen I just finished a test flight went down into the kitchen for a coffee and heard a noise in the yard at the basement so I went out the front door and snuck around the house and sure enough he was trying to get the window open with a screwdriver. Bty the time I got to him he spun around and triesd to stab me with and well lets just say it was a really bad thing for him to do and police arrived which is kind of funny cause alot of them here are students of mine, they called a Paramedic rescue for the guy I then did the statement thing and went back to my sim lol. Anyway just thought I'd give you folks abit of a chuckle.

Tim
A340
Canada

Matt Olieman
04-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Good for you Tim, what computer set-up have you got going these days. Could you give us the specs?

Michael Carter
04-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Glad you weren't injured.

When seconds count, the Police are only minutes away.:roll:

warvet
04-18-2008, 09:40 AM
sure Matt,
Did ya read my post update lol I hadnt finished it and hit send button too early lol
As far as specs hmm ok now Im using 12 CPUs
4 LCD projector 3 19" LCDs 2 42" LCDs
1. main FS in P4 3.8 duo core 3 video Cards stacked 4 gig ram and Th2Go digital and 7.1 surround PM sounds
2 P4 3.2 2 gig ram 2 video cards
3 p4 3.0 2 gig ram 2 video cards 7.1 surround PM Sounds
4 P4 2.8 1 gig ram 2 subwoofers 14" tranducers PM Sounds
5 P4 2.8 1 gig ram 5.1 surround sound PM sounds
6 P4 2.6 1 gig ram
7 P4 2.4 1 gig ram
8 P4 2.4 1 gig ram
9 p4 2.4 1 gig ram
10 p4 2.0 1 gig ram
11 p4 2.0 1 gig ram-Instructor Station 2 video card 20" Monitor 17" Monitor
12 p4 1.8 512 ram- Instructor Station 15": Monitor

Tim
A340
Canada

warvet
04-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Ya they only took a few minutes but funny thing is I really only needed them for legal purposes as far as dealing with this guy lol that was the easy part because I actually train the police in physical control tactics and officer survival here as part of my occupation and thank you for the kind wishes Sir,

Tim
A340
Canada

Trevor Hale
04-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Ya they only took a few minutes but funny thing is I really only needed them for legal purposes as far as dealing with this guy lol that was the easy part because I actually train the police in physical control tactics and officer survival here as part of my occupation and thank you for the kind wishes Sir,

Tim
A340
Canada

Bet that guy wishes, he had tried a different house this morning? ROFL

warvet
04-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Revor,
Ya true enough in this case I was pretty ticked off with 1 him trying to break into my house with my wife sleeping upstairs and 2 he tries to stab me with a friggin screwdriver soi ya I wasnt to happy of a camper at 300 am. For those of you curious to what I could have possibly donre to this clown lol you can find a few of the things I actually did in this clip only a few mind you ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me2AywIl_Qg&feature=related
well im off to bed its been a long and interesting night/
Tim
A340

Matt Olieman
04-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Hey Tim!!!! I just read that.... it wasn't there before.... I thought It was my old age catching up to me again :) :)

"Kung Fu Fighting" (the song)..... (I know it's not Kung Fu) Good job Tim, Don't mess with Tim, the guy picked the wrong house :) :)

Joe Cygan
04-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Heres a little interesting event I dealt with about an hour ago some meathead crack addict tried to break into my downstairs it just so happen I just finished a test flight went down into the kitchen for a coffee and heard a noise in the yard at the basement so I went out the front door and snuck around the house and sure enough he was trying to get the window open with a screwdriver. Bty the time I got to him he spun around and triesd to stab me with and well lets just say it was a really bad thing for him to do and police arrived which is kind of funny cause alot of them here are students of mine, they called a Paramedic rescue for the guy I then did the statement thing and went back to my sim lol. Anyway just thought I'd give you folks abit of a chuckle.

Tim
A340
Canada

Well, I only wish I could tell you a few things I personally know about Tim that brings up two facts.
One, Tim is probably the last guy in the world you would ever want to rob and two; I would have paid good money to watch that altercation.

Great story Tim!

magicaldr
04-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Revor,
Ya true enough in this case I was pretty ticked off with 1 him trying to break into my house with my wife sleeping upstairs and 2 he tries to stab me with a friggin screwdriver soi ya I wasnt to happy of a camper at 300 am. For those of you curious to what I could have possibly donre to this clown lol you can find a few of the things I actually did in this clip only a few mind you ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me2AywIl_Qg&feature=relatedwell im off to bed its been a long and interesting night/
Tim
A340

Wow, thats like Aikido on steroids...

MLeavy737
04-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Tim !! whats up my friend? Long Time.. hope all is well, glad you and the fam are ok.

I was thinking, who needs guns in the airplane?.. Pilots should be trained to take care of business like you do :)

I did the same as you with FSX when my sim saw up and running. I fell in love with the visuals. Hard to beat. Hopefully i'll have the sim running again soon and i can join everyone in the trial and error period. The biggest thing i couldnt stand was when the autopilot was disengaged the trim would be so far out of whack. Im sure thats been fixed by now however. I dont remember having too much trouble with the PM stuff however.. maybe i just didnt notice.

Mike Leavy
www.737BBJ2sim.com

autocadplease
04-18-2008, 03:44 PM
I'll have to try those moves on my son when he thinks he can take on his oldman (or my wife when she tries to hold me back from going to my sim room!)

warvet:
Are you using FSUIPC Version 4? Version 3 doesn't work with FSX and PM wouldn't work at all.

magicaldr
04-18-2008, 04:36 PM
I'll have to try those moves on my son when hr thinks he can take on his oldman (or my wife when she tries to hold me back from going to my sim room!)

It doesnt work, they learn it almost as fast as you do... My son (6) now loves swords and tries yonkyo on me when he can despite having no training. Luckily im slightly better at Aikido, and have about a 3ft height advantage, at least at the moment ;)

warvet
04-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Magic your hilarious lol Actually Im a Nidan 2nd degree in Yoshinkan Aikido but a Shichidan shihan in Combat Jujutsu and A Godan 5th Degree in Kito Ryu Jujutsu with a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Yonkyo is a little tough to perform for a little guy but Im sure Katate Mochi Kotegaeshinage would sure put ya on your butt quick lol.

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeee! :) Man its fantastic to see you congrats on the training completion Im sure you aced the whole program. It really is awesome to see ya back Mike. Yup family is all good and well actually my wife has joined this forum as a member lol under Martha Henry. Howes the sim? Have you re set it up yet. Where ya based out of right now? Keep us posted on your progress bro and fly safe.

Joe lol you always make me blush :) Your too kind.

Ill check on the FSUIPC 4 but im pretty sure I got that, what other setting net direct for CDU etc do I need to do?

I just got a call from one of the officers from last night whos a good friend of one of the sgts I teach they released the guy from hospital this morning and hes now in jail and i guess the guy has a broken nose, dislocated shoulder and broken wrist and some bruised ribs and a sore neck they said lol Guess he wont be coming here no more. Im clear of any charges :)

Regards guys

Tim
A340
Canada

warvet
04-19-2008, 06:01 AM
Ok heres the update, got the FSUIPC4 etc and it works fantastic, did my first FSX full system test flight and it was really eye opening. However I did have an issue where the CDU doesnt connect to the net dir any thoughts?

Tim
A340
Canada

Martha Henry
04-19-2008, 06:10 AM
Wow,
Thank you everyone for your concern about what happened to us last night. I was sleeping and all of a sudden I heard yelling and banging and then police lights and radios talking it was very scary for sure. Im really glad Tim is as skilled as he wass the police told me when they were here that they felt sorry for the guy cause I guess Tim really banged him up bad. But the policeman are some of Tim's students so I kind of know them personally and they were really very nice. Im just glad Tim didn't get injured because WOW this world is getting crazier I think.The funny thing is after the police and ambulances left tim just took a cup of coffee into the sim and started flying like nothing happened lol I asked him " Honey aren't you abit upset about what just happened? all he did was laugh and say "it wasn't him that went to the hospital" lol I just shook my head and went back to bed but it was very upsetting. Anyway Im sorry Im just talking to much. Hes in the sim flying right now so I guess its bed time for me.

Good Night everyone :)

Martha