PDA

View Full Version : Not getting enough yawing on engine out!

Simran737
04-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi,

I am using a ALoha 737-700 flight model which I like, but as with it seems with all the models, if I am either going down the runway or flying and cut one engine, there is no yawing at all from the working engine.

Anyone have any ideas on how and where, in maybe the cfg page, to edit the engines or flight dyna.

Thanks
Randy

AndyT
04-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Well Randy, since Aloha does not exist anymore, the reason is simple. You are flying a ghost.

MLeavy737
04-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Are we all still looking for that perfect 737 flight model still? I cant believe that microsoft has not changed the 737 model since when fs98? I really have to do some tweaking now that i know how they fly. Thats going to be my new goal when i get the sim up and running again. Hopefully that can be my contribution back to the sim world.

Mike Leavy
www.737BBJ2sim.com

spitfire9
04-17-2008, 09:40 PM
How to get more yaw when an engine fails is something that would be very interesting to me as well.

I know how to increase the yaw on takeoff but I'm not sure if that would only affect the yaw of the aircraft with both engines running?
For example,, if I added more yaw to a 737,, it would probably act like a big piston taildragger when power is applied,, which would be totally wrong for a jet engine aircraft.

It would be very nice to be able to translate the high yaw effect only after an engine fails.
Is there a .cfg setting for single engine flight??? Or does somebody have any tips or tricks to simulate this ??

MSFS has always lacked this feature in all its flight models.
If you shut an engine down on the ramp and try to move,, you will wind up going in circles. OK i guess,, but if you have any speed at all,,, it doesn't yaw near as much as it should.

NicD
04-18-2008, 01:30 AM
A thought... if using a logics system (such as PMsystems) you could simulate this by 1) initiating / detecting which engine has failed; and then 2) skewing the rudder trim away from the dead engine by a certain %

spitfire9
04-19-2008, 12:26 AM
I don't have Pm or plan on it right away,,, but,, could that be done with FSUIPC ??

Or maybe I could create an invisible gauge (.gau file) that would do that?
Using the trim is a very good idea !