PDA

View Full Version : Flat screen monitors

JimmyGerrard
04-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Hi guys,

I'm planning to stick 3 LCD monitors together with a TripleHead2Go but not sure what the best place to buy them would be in the UK, and what model to be looking at.

The max resolution on the TH2G is 3840 x 1024 so ideally I'd have 3 monitors of 1280 x 1024 (I'd prefer it if they weren't wide-screen), what size monitor would this allow me to go up to? Any recommendations?

Cheers,

James

autocadplease
04-11-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm from Canada, but I bought (3) cheapest 22" widescreens I could find at Walmart (Acer 2216W). They are 5ms and look good at 1280x1024 even though 1680x1050 is the native res. I love them with TH2Go. Here is a quick video using FSX (I'm holding the camera and trying to fly, so don't laugh!):

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pHR9y4wgq-c"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pHR9y4wgq-c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

JimmyGerrard
04-13-2008, 03:48 AM
I'm from Canada, but I bought (3) cheapest 22" widescreens I could find at Walmart (Acer 2216W). They are 5ms and look good at 1280x1024 even though 1680x1050 is the native res. I love them with TH2Go. Here is a quick video using FSX (I'm holding the camera and trying to fly, so don't laugh!):

I took your advice and went out yesterday and bought 3 Acer X223W! Just wondered, how do they look when you set up the 3D cockpit? Is the image distorted at all or does it look reasonable, considering they are widescreens?

I've also bought a TrackIR 4 this weekend so my plan is to have the 3D cockpit displayed too, and hopefully it won't look too distorted. When I got them out of their boxes they were much wider and shorter than I'd imagined, which was a bit of a worry!

Cheers,

James

Trevor Hale
04-13-2008, 06:55 AM
James, I don't think your going to have any issues. Not enough to worry about. Get them running and I am sure you will be pleased with the result. You may need to play with them a bit, but you should be ok.

Enjoy,

Trev

ddimm
04-13-2008, 12:08 PM
I also have the Digital TH2Go and the same Acer monitors and I been very pleased with the it. The monitors have great color and work excellent with the TH2Go. I ended up having to use RGB connectors because my Nvidia 6800GS video card did not support the higher digital resolutions used with DVI. I zoom out at .31 to get the most panoramic view possible. This slightly distorts the far outer images on the ground (ie building, towers. etc) and bends them inward at a small angle.

autocadplease
04-13-2008, 07:10 PM
I took your advice and went out yesterday and bought 3 Acer X223W! Just wondered, how do they look when you set up the 3D cockpit? Is the image distorted at all or does it look reasonable, considering they are widescreens?

The image is hardly distorted. The virtual cockpit made me smile ear to ear the first time I saw it.
Make sure you make the following change in your fsx.cfg: WideViewAspect = True

ddimm
04-13-2008, 08:48 PM
I should have mentioned that am using FS9. Is there a "WideViewAspect = True" available for that version as well?

autocadplease
04-14-2008, 12:20 AM
I should have mentioned that am using FS9. Is there a "WideViewAspect = True" available for that version as well?

I don't think so (I could be wrong). Just play with the zoom and it should look just fine.