PDA

View Full Version : FS9/Vista Problem

visualchaosfx
04-10-2008, 10:06 AM
I started a thread at the link located below to see if anyone has a solution for the graphics problem that I have and all I got was personal opinions on why I shouldn't run Vista with FS9.

The problem
http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=143188

Does anyone on here know why this little problem is happening?

ryanf
04-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Hi,

not sure if it is the same problem but I had what they call the "blurries" where the scenery flickers like crazy. I saw this after I upgraded my graphics card and decided to max out all the sliders to see what happens.

To fix it, I had to reduce the Mip Mapping level to 4 and by all accounts you should never have it higher i.e. FS9 just can't handle it - regardless of the hardware.

/Ryan.

visualchaosfx
04-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Hi,

not sure if it is the same problem but I had what they call the "blurries" where the scenery flickers like crazy. I saw this after I upgraded my graphics card and decided to max out all the sliders to see what happens.

To fix it, I had to reduce the Mip Mapping level to 4 and by all accounts you should never have it higher i.e. FS9 just can't handle it - regardless of the hardware.

/Ryan.

MIP Mapping is already set to 4. I have tickered around with the display and texture settings but nothings working. Its not too big of a big deal because everythings fine when I run in window mode. Its just in fullscreen mode, the airplane models and the scenery just distort. Very weird. This is the same machine that I had XP installed on and never had anything like that happen before.