PDA

View Full Version : TH2Go Times Two!

autocadplease
04-06-2008, 11:47 PM
Check this out! 2 x TripleHead2Go D.E. @ CeBIT 2008

YouTube - TripleHead2Go @ CeBIT 2008 #5 FSX @ Intel Pavillion

PDT 200
04-07-2008, 01:05 AM
Just shows what can be done. I started looking through more of those YouTube videos and there is one showing FSX running on an 8 core machine!! I haven't even got a dual core and they'er talking 8. I'd hate to see the price tag on that. However FSX is capable of using all 8 so it's got really really good frame rates.
Regards,
Brian

spitfire9
04-07-2008, 03:08 AM
You know what would go good with that setup ,,,, a Trackir4 .

jmig
04-07-2008, 07:49 AM
That is what I run, TH2G with TrackIR. It is almost like flying for real.

inferno
04-10-2008, 04:31 PM
That's the kind of news I like !
For us, sim fighter pilots, the single TH2Go is still ... half a good solution, because we definitely have work to do with radar, rwr, Tv guided missiles , etc. and we have very limited export option for instruments in sims like Lock-on, Falcon AF, and the like.
So in case this 2 x TH2Go solution work for these sims, that is definitely good news
I can see it was a presentation in Intel pavillion, do you have more information about the hardware they use or the (un)compatibility with other sims ?
May be some of you have seen the 4 screens set-up for Black shark (http://www.leftside-limited.com/projects.html)at LowLand TigerMeet, using multiscreen SoftTH software.

Padraig
04-10-2008, 07:25 PM
That's the kind of news I like !
For us, sim fighter pilots, the single TH2Go is still ... half a good solution, because we definitely have work to do with radar, rwr, Tv guided missiles , etc. and we have very limited export option for instruments in sims like Lock-on, Falcon AF, and the like.
So in case this 2 x TH2Go solution work for these sims, that is definitely good news
I can see it was a presentation in Intel pavillion, do you have more information about the hardware they use or the (un)compatibility with other sims ?
May be some of you have seen the 4 screens set-up for Black shark (http://www.leftside-limited.com/projects.html)at LowLand TigerMeet, using multiscreen SoftTH software.

Do you know when BS is being released ? I was following it for some time but then decided to give up, as It was taking ages with the creators saying there's gonna be delays etc.

inferno
04-12-2008, 07:25 AM
Do you know when BS is being released ? I was following it for some time but then decided to give up, as It was taking ages with the creators saying there's gonna be delays etc.

I have no special information about the release, and I don't really follow the "news" : too much frustration. For mil sim the rules are often "two more ... years" so I stay focused on the existing products :?

I read yesterday simware give a release on september 20th ... 2008 ;-) ... so wait and see

spitfire9
04-19-2008, 12:31 AM
I like flying the helicopters on Fs2004 but I've never considered building a helicopter sim ,, that was until I saw the latest Black shark video !

I was quite impressed with the flight model they talk about and the very realistic start up sequence.
The video I recently saw had a guy with Trackir and Triplehead2go using touchscreens to start the machine up ! very cool !

I'll see if I can find the link to that.

Padraig
04-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Please do post. I'm looking forward to BS coming out, I loved the LOMAC series. Theres another combat sim that I'm going to try also, but its in DEV at the moment. I cant remember the name of it, but it has a VIP area called Area51 or something to that degree. Does anyone know of it ?

inferno
04-20-2008, 08:04 AM
Please do post. I'm looking forward to BS coming out, I loved the LOMAC series. Theres another combat sim that I'm going to try also, but its in DEV at the moment. I cant remember the name of it, but it has a VIP area called Area51 or something to that degree. Does anyone know of it ?

Hum, easy one : http://www.fighterops.com/
The next hardcore military flight sim. Very promising, with multi-screen/instruments export capability :D
Don't ask me when it's available, I'm not part of the VIP area ;)

voucher76
04-23-2008, 05:45 AM

Fighterops is looking very promising, but it will probably take at least a couple of years before it's done. Nothing about release date yet.

But there's another possibility.

www.vrsimulations.com

It's for FS9 and later FSX, so you won't be able to blow things up, but the fidelity should rival that of the most complex civilan add-on's.
The final beta testing should be done in a cuple of weeks(with the FS9) and release date not very far away.(for FS9)
Looking very promising indeed.

Best regards.

spitfire9
04-28-2008, 01:42 AM
Here is a link to that Black Shark video ,,where the guy uses a touchscreen and Triplehead2go to go through the start up sequence. very good stuff !!

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=28&file=869

Padraig
04-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks very much for posting the link to the video spitfire.