PDA

View Full Version : Aerodeck Engineering

Mac
04-05-2008, 05:25 AM
I have a very large order - overdue - with Aerodeck Engineering. I get vauge responses to my emails. Has anyone experience with this Company and is it bona fide?

warvet
04-05-2008, 06:07 AM
Hey Mac,
Cant speak from direct experience but I know for fact several guys did receive their goods and were pleased with the results so maybe its just a time thing. Good Luck with it.

Tim

SAS884
04-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Hi Mac.

I also have a order with aerodeck, I have been waiting almost 1 year for the MIP stand, it`s seems that the owner of this company always have excuses for the delay of the product.

A while ago I hade a tragedy in the family and I was in need of money, so I hade to sell my sim:(, I canceld my orders with other companys and thats was no problem with the cancelations and the refund of the money, except with aerodeck, it was not possible to cancel the order, offcourse I wrote that I dont expect to recieve the hole refund of the money considering the work he has put down on the MIP stand,
but that was a big NO on the refund and canceling of the order???.

And in the begining of this year I recieved a mail with picture of the MIP and he said that he will contact me in a few days about shipping information, thats 3 months ago!!!!!!!
And now I dont get any response to the mail I have been sending him.:mad:

When I pick up this great hobby again, I will never do business with aerodeck again, my advise is to think twice before putting in a order with this comapany.

Mac
04-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks Tim for the reassurance

Mac
04-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Hi Martin

Your experience is not so good. I've got $20,000 riding on this...............

SAS884
04-05-2008, 05:00 PM
hope that it will work out for you.

All I can do now, regarding my experience, is to advise people that have been asking about aerodeckengineering by mail or different forums to do business with other company`s.

ArmandP
04-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Thank you Tim for a word of CAUTION. Reply & Attack instances between our customers and/or Aerodeck engineering are totally against company policy and should not be expected except this once as a courtesy to our friends of MyCockpit.org.

Two of our customers have here expressed concerns and their business experience with Aerodeck Engineering. They are (a) Mac and (b) Martin with pending orders as follows:

a) Mac's order is well within the 10-12 weeks lead-time period (funds received on Jan 29, 08) for B737 structural cockpit. I did however notified this customer about a probable delay which could roll back his delivery date a couple of weeks. It was explained that a large order from the Dept. of Homeland Security was the cause which due to fact that we are a US Government contractor and the nature of order we have attended with a great deal of urgency. Most of our clients have understood this but some others have not and call it "vague response". I must and will apologize via private to Mac and will advise immediate shipping. Mac had only paid for parts, which have mostly been manufactured pending next for pre-installation. We had offered to waive pre-installation cost if he would show the Aerodeck cockpit to potential customers in S. England sometime in the future. After his post in this forum it is clear that Mac is not the ideal candidate for the job. Since there will not be pre-installation (labor being the cause for delay) Mac will be receiving his order shortly.

b) Martin in the other hand has every right to be upset and we truly understand. He placed an order with us good many months ago with us and has not yet received it. Some parts we make in large quantities only every so often. Our metal department (as his part is all-metal) was also behind schedule by many months due to a world shortage of ARGON gas needed for our TIG welding as such a case. Whatever the reasons it just took too long to complete this batch but Martin will finally receiving his part. I must apologize to Martin for not being able to canceling the order when he requested so indicating some family matters as the primary justification. Customer's remorse is what we thought at our and it's quite important for customers to understand the implications and risks when ordering parts that are manufactured on demand before placing their order. I know Martin will eventually restart his flightsim project and we'll be here to help. No doubt we will find a way to make it up to him!

Friends of MyCockpit.org, a great deal of customers have smiles in their faces from dealing with Aerodeck. Some others react and worry when things are not going well. This is only normal, no body wants to the victim of a scam...I wouldn't and neither would you. I would however be prudent before making claims or raising questions and intrigue about any one in particular.

Thank you for the opportunity!
ArmandP
AeroDeck Engineering
Dun and Bradstreet No. 617804401

Trevor Hale
04-06-2008, 12:35 AM
ArmondP,

May I first make a statement to you from all of us staff here at Mycockpit.org

At no time will we allow or condone the slamming or defaming of people or businesses. We will allow people to discuss their personal experiences, as long as they are factual.

I would like to assure you that any and all posts that would threaten or or flame a particular person or business will be removed as soon as possible.

I would like to thank you for dropping in here, and as you stated in your post it may sometimes be difficult to keep everyone happy, this is a challenge we all face in our daily routines.

As long as we all do our best to try to minimize such unfortunate circumstances we are all doing our part.

I hope we will see you around here more often. Please feel free to contact myself or MattO if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions.

Best regards,

Trevor Hale
Mycockpit Admin.

warvet
04-06-2008, 02:27 AM
Armand,
Thanks for dropping in and making your response known. let me clarify something im a very NO BS kind of guy as anyone who knows me I pull no punches and at times am not going to win a political seat thats for sure, with all due respect I honestly dont feel you truly answered Macs claim, maybe you did and i missed it either way its not my account . I have seen many situations occurr in this hobby to very good people by very bad business practices and many of them had a similar explanation to yours, now that said Im not saying you are doing that at all, but I will certainly be sitting in the bleachers waiting to hear about Mac's necessary refund so that we can all rejoice in knowing another quality company with honest business practices and good products have once again graced our hallowed halls of this beloved hobby. So if i appeared prematurely rude or aggressive I certainly appologize. Look forward tio hearing from your satisfied customers about their wonderful products you created for them.

regards Tim

David Withers
04-06-2008, 02:51 AM
right behind you on this one tim.
amen brother.

BHawthorne
04-06-2008, 06:18 AM
IMHO, a business should never sell anything they can't produce in short order or they don't already have in stock. If they can't accommodate that, maybe they should review their procedures internally to do things in a better manner. Customers are only interested in getting what they purchased within a reasonable time frame. Everything else is extraneous.

Matt Olieman
04-06-2008, 08:04 AM
I'm closing this thread. I don't have problem with someone who's having a bad experience, express there story. But when others who have not dealt with this company start throwing in their opinions and threats. That's not acceptable.

All of you are right. But there two sides to every story.

I believe if everyone stopped doing business with Flight-Sim building Vendors because they do not deliver on time..... We (as builders) would not have any parts, because most vendors don't meet delivery as they promised.

Matt Olieman

Aerodeck Engineering is a reputable company and professional company, rated with Dunn and Bradstreet and does government work.