PDA

View Full Version : 737NG Steering Tiller

ian@737ng.co.uk
03-31-2008, 01:49 PM
hello captains......
highly recommended product.....i bought a steering tiller from dieter jakub at Routech in 2006 and decided to fit one to the right side of my cockpit as well (ok not very realistic, but neither is changing seats when reaching the runway. i like to fly from the right as much as i enjoy being in the left :o) ).
it arrived today and much improved, i'm absolutely stunned with the quality.
so, if you're thinking about fitting a 'steering wheel', then this has got to be in the frame.
cost was 59 euro's + shipping.
contact dieter jakub routech@gmail.com or see http://www.routech.ro
happy landings

ian

mpl330
03-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Ian,

Stop showing us these great things :wink: - I havent done the yoke & column yet!

Looks great.
Cheers
Mike

ENKB
03-31-2008, 04:32 PM
I can recomend as well. Got the yokes and tiller wheel, from order to delevery around 2 months. The quality is great, also the switches are included. Haven't had time to start to work with them yet, still working with my mip. But.. highly recomended :-)

ian@737ng.co.uk
03-31-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi Mike.......
OK after the yoke, this is a 'must have' addition. ground steering with the tiller is quite an exciting addition. and to have it both sides - i've died and gone to heaven :o)
and for your information on the yoke, i have sorted the 'feel' on the roll axis. when i have time i will re-do the drawing and update the .pdf file. will keep you informed.
regards ... ian

NicD
04-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Hi Ian.. just installed our first tiller and loving it. Also wondering about installing the 2nd one on the FO side. Do you have an isolation switch so you can make one active and the other not active? Just thinking about how not to have 2 axes fighting each other in FS....

Westozy
04-01-2008, 04:57 AM
hello captains......
highly recommended product.....i bought a steering tiller from dieter jakub at Routech in 2006 and decided to fit one to the right side of my cockpit as well (ok not very realistic, but neither is changing seats when reaching the runway. i like to fly from the right as much as i enjoy being in the left :o) ).
it arrived today and much improved, i'm absolutely stunned with the quality.
so, if you're thinking about fitting a 'steering wheel', then this has got to be in the frame.
happy landings

ian

Hi Ian,

I have had a working tiller for quite some time and my B737 Captain mate says the tiller is available on the FOs side as an option on the NG series although most airlines don't bother with it.
My tiller activates the body section of the rudder pot which is mounted on a concentric bearing, the rudder pedals turn the pot shaft and the tiller turns the pot body. It works well and obviously doesn't cause any conflict with dual assignments etc.

Gwyn

ian@737ng.co.uk
04-01-2008, 12:27 PM
hello gwyn.....
thanks for that, i didn't know the tiller was also available at the F/O position, so you live and learn. but that's the beauty of everybody talking to each other :o)
i have one tiller which has been an excellent addition, but the second steering wheel kept
getting to be a necessity because there ain't a lot of room in the front office when you have to keep changing seats !
i'm hooking up a 100kohm pot to one of Leo's BU0836 12 bit resolution cards and assigning it in FSUIPC as Steering Tiller. i have fitted the second tiller today, same 100kohm pot type and preliminary results are good after i spent some time calibrating and playing around with the axis assignments and delta settings on the AXIS Assignments page.
but (there's always a but), if i get any conflicts in the two axis assignments, then i'll seperate the axes to prevent that.
i'll get more time tomorrow because most of today was spent making the brackets and mounting the actual tiller. but initial results are very encouraging.
regards to everyone...... ian

KLM077
11-13-2009, 05:18 AM
Dear Ian,

Do you have the dimensions of the tiller, i plan to make a replica out of wood.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Bas

KLM077

JWS
11-13-2009, 07:25 AM
KLM077

These pics I got from JackPilot. So all the credits to him.

JWS

JWS
11-13-2009, 07:31 AM
hello captains......
happy landings

ian

Ian,

you just had to get yourself a bargain, didn't you. The website says: 86,70, prices do not include VAT or shipping.

Tiller =86,7 Euro
JWS

KLM077
11-13-2009, 08:30 AM
Hi JWS,

Super, this is exactly what i needed!!

Thanks for your prompt help.

Best regards,

Bas
KLM077

Efe Cem Elci
11-13-2009, 12:55 PM
I want Ian pricing for the tiller! :evil:

Put a good word in for me Ian... ;)

KLM077
11-13-2009, 03:12 PM
ABCDEF,

If you can read, i assume, you can read that i build the tiller by my own.
I know Routech, ok, but i am handy enough to build the tiller :cool:

Cheers!

KLM077

Cockpit Buying is easy, but Building, That's the Chalenge!

KLM077
11-26-2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks to JWS, here the first impressions:

JWS
11-26-2009, 08:03 AM
These pics are a world apart, i'm curious to see the stages in between.
It's not MDF, is it??

JWS

KLM077
11-26-2009, 08:48 AM
It's MDF, the complete "Thing" is made of scrap pieces.