PDA

View Full Version : Squawk Box Problems (Vatsim)

Peter Nielsen
03-25-2008, 06:36 AM
Guys

I posted this on the SB forum but no replies so far, wonder if anyone here has any ideas..

For years I have been running Squawk Box on a secondary PC via WideClient with no problems. But since this weekend SB closes with an error message each time I press Push to Talk on the yoke which is obviously connected to the PC running FS2004.

In other words, SB starts as normal, connects to multiplayer as normal, I can load a Flight plan as normal, tune into the relevant com frequency but the second I press PTT for a transmission it closes.

The Error message states that an error log has been created but I cant find these logs anywhere..

Since then i did some experiments last night. if i use the "." key on the PC which is running SB (the default PTT) then all is ok, no issues.

I then assigned a new key within FSUIPC on the FS machine instead of the yoke botton and the second i pressed this new key, then SB closed with the same error as before.

So it is clearly linked to FSUIPC or the network? But i have not added any programmes or made any changes to either of the PC's for a long time, i simply dont understand what may have happened here..

Ideas gents?

Peter

sas550
03-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Sorry I can't help you but check P Dowson's forum maybee there's something there or he might be able to help you.

Anything in the fsuipc log?

Peter Nielsen
03-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Tks Anders, ill actually post on the VSAS forum as I know Egbert and Jonas used to run a similar kind of set up...

Peter

Sorry I can't help you but check P Dowson's forum maybee there's something there or he might be able to help you.

Anything in the fsuipc log?

Trevor Hale
03-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Actually Peter,

Peter D often cruises these forums, it is quite probable that you may get a response from him directly before the night is out.

Trev

Lezam
03-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Hate to say it, but the remedy to these sorts of problems is usually a clean reinstall.

Every time my fs goes haywire, I erase flight sim, restart, then reinstall... always works

Trevor Hale
03-25-2008, 06:39 PM
LMAO. Bite your tongue LOL

Lezam
03-25-2008, 06:41 PM
LMAO. Bite your tongue LOL

lol, I'm doing it right now! I hate it, but it works

Trevor Hale
03-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Oh Man that sucks! I shutter every time I even think about that.

Peter Nielsen
03-26-2008, 06:41 AM
Hate to say it, but the remedy to these sorts of problems is usually a clean reinstall.

Every time my fs goes haywire, I erase flight sim, restart, then reinstall... always works

You must be dreaming!! with the number of add ons only in respect of scenery files that I have the very last thing i want to do is go down that route...:(

AndyT
03-26-2008, 06:54 AM
You say that you have not changed anything in some time.
Have you added scenery?
New planes?
Updated anything?
Acceleration?
Updated Windows?
Firewall? (This would be a good one to check)

Peter Nielsen
03-26-2008, 08:40 AM
You say that you have not changed anything in some time.
Have you added scenery?
New planes?
Updated anything?
Acceleration?
Updated Windows?
Firewall? (This would be a good one to check)

Andy
As a reply to all of these "No" of neither of these 2 PC's

I am going to try and uninstall SB tonight and reinstall it and see what happens.