PDA

View Full Version : Buzzer horn

Peter Nielsen
03-09-2008, 06:24 AM
Using PM SYS and CP FLIGHT MIP board, when running the Buzzer horn test in CP flight software it buzzes but for the rest it is always silent, is this something that need to be implemented from within PM System?
Peter

dnoize
03-09-2008, 06:28 AM
the cpflight board is not listening to FSUIPC for this, but expects this command from PM.

The command is E0MIPHORNON to enable the buzzer and E0MIPHORNOFF to disable the buzzer. PM has to send this command to drive the buzzer.

Not sure if its allready implemented in PM.

Stef

AchillesP
03-09-2008, 06:28 AM
Using PM SYS and CP FLIGHT MIP board, when running the Buzzer horn test in CP flight software it buzzes but for the rest it is always silent, is this something that need to be implemented from within PM System?
Peter

Hello,

The buzzer does not work with pmsystems. CPflight MIP737 does not use offsets to work. Just only commands that PMsystems knows. So it has to be by programmed by projectmagenta.

Achilles

Peter Nielsen
03-10-2008, 05:36 AM
Roger that, would be nice if the good folks at PM could confimr this is on their list of things to implement. Thomas/Jonathan you both read these posts, so any feedback?

Cheers
Peter

Hello,

The buzzer does not work with pmsystems. CPflight MIP737 does not use offsets to work. Just only commands that PMsystems knows. So it has to be by programmed by projectmagenta.

Achilles

JonathanRichardson
03-15-2008, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=Peter Nielsen;52711]Roger that, would be nice if the good folks at PM could confimr this is on their list of things to implement. Thomas/Jonathan you both read these posts, so any feedback?

Hi

I think we already answered this via support - but if not, there is very little point in this buzzer. All 737 warnings are different. We provide the free pmSounds software that covers all the aural warnings on the 737. Just to have a one off buzzer makes really no logical sense (to me at least). The next question would be which warning should this be triggered by? It is a bit of an open ended question - what one person wants another would not and so on. I think it is far better to focus on pmSounds for this type of thing.

Regards
Jonathan Richardson

Peter Nielsen
05-05-2008, 08:23 AM
I just want to revisit this..

Last night is was hapily flying on cruise altitude then one of the engines totally failed.
there was no indication lighting up on the master warning at all and also no aural indication as to anything going wrong..

looking at the sound files in PM souds there are actually no warning sounds at all for fire or bells or engine failure so how can we let PM sounds manage this?

also should the master caution lights not come alive in this kind of situation?

Confused...
Peter

[quote=Peter Nielsen;52711]Roger that, would be nice if the good folks at PM could confimr this is on their list of things to implement. Thomas/Jonathan you both read these posts, so any feedback?

Hi

I think we already answered this via support - but if not, there is very little point in this buzzer. All 737 warnings are different. We provide the free pmSounds software that covers all the aural warnings on the 737. Just to have a one off buzzer makes really no logical sense (to me at least). The next question would be which warning should this be triggered by? It is a bit of an open ended question - what one person wants another would not and so on. I think it is far better to focus on pmSounds for this type of thing.

Regards
Jonathan Richardson

AchillesP
05-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Hi,

At pmsysxxx.lgc insert the following line

If Eng1Fail or Eng2Fail
sixpackeng = 1
sixpackcaution = 1

Another solutions is to find the bellow line
'sixpackeng = 0 and change it to the bellow
sixpackeng = Eng1Fail or Eng2fail

do not change both. I think alternative solution is better. try one of the two and check the most suitable for you.

Achilles