PDA

View Full Version : LCD monitors fitted

Westozy
03-09-2008, 03:49 AM
Hi all,

This weekend I splashed out on a couple of brand new 19" widescreen monitors and fitted them to the outer positions on the MIP replacing the old 17" CRT monitors. They are a big improvement on the old CRTs and give a much clearer picture free of reflections. Now they are fitted I can see what space I have to fit another LCD to the centre EICAS position where I hope to display standby gauges aswell. You can see a big difference in the quality of LCD v CRT in one of the new pics.

2 new pics in my second album here - http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=560

Question: Does anybody know if FS Panel Studio gauges will display correctly with PMDG running? It looks like Simkits gauges aren't compatible and as usual PMDG aren't interested in my questions.

Gwyn

Kennair
03-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Hi Gwyn,

New panels look great and you can make good use of the extra room gained.

As for the FS Panel Studio question it's a case of suck-n-see! Depends whether PMDG have custom coded various aspects of their aircraft to use particular gauges. I would imaging that this is the case for the main PFD/MFD etc. However if you only want to add the standby gauges in the centre then I would think you'd be in luck. I wouldn't imagine that PMDG has custom coded these. Just use FSPanel Studio to pinch the appropriate gauge from another aircraft and place it where you want. I've done it tons of times with great success.

Good luck and catch up with you soon.

Ken

Trevor Hale
03-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Hey Gwyn,

as previously discussed, yes you can use some default Standby instruments with the PMDG software, you will just create a new panel window and place those instruments and the PMDG EICAS on that new window.

Was that you on the PARA Surfer, when you were grabbed by the jet?

It must have been or, maybe it your age setting in :)

Just playing with ya BUB.

Trev