PDA

View Full Version : Left And Right View Monitors!

manhattan
03-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Hi everyone.

I have finally decided to go for side monitors for left and right views but hear that there can be problems? Assuming that I am using an adequate graphics card, lining them up could be troublesome (so I hear?). Can anybody advise me on this? is there a technique?

I am also not sure of what I have to do to find, and drag and drop a view without upsetting the existing Parhelia triple front view. I presume that I find the extra view that I want (which pops up on the front view), and then drag it to the side monitor? I have experimented, but need the advice of someone that has actually done this.

I am doing this with one computer, which is capable of coping once I learn the "secret".

Hope someone can help?

TONY

aviaparts
03-08-2008, 06:51 PM
You need wideview for this, you can find the tutorial and wideview here :

www.wideview.it

Kennair
03-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Tony,

Drap the window to the monitor and save the flight making sure that you are in Windowed mode (not Full Screen) when you save. Should work fine and shouldn't upset your other views. You obviously have a second dual output video card installed to do this?

For an indepth investigation into how FS views actually work have a look at Nics site HERE (http://www.insitesolutions.com.au/737project/design_visuals_testing.htm). It's very interesting and a great resource for anyone experimenting with multiple views.

Ken.

manhattan
03-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Tony,

Drap the window to the monitor and save the flight making sure that you are in Windowed mode (not Full Screen) when you save. Should work fine and shouldn't upset your other views. You obviously have a second dual output video card installed to do this?

For an indepth investigation into how FS views actually work have a look at Nics site HERE (http://www.insitesolutions.com.au/737project/design_visuals_testing.htm). It's very interesting and a great resource for anyone experimenting with multiple views.

Ken.

Thanks Ken.

It might be a typing error, but what does drap mean?

TONY

Kennair
03-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Tony,

Drap! Don't you know what Drap means?? It means to type without looking and then not check your spelling afterwards :)

It wasn't until you replied and I read my own message that I saw "Drap" and it took me a while to figure out what I meant to say. DRAG!!!! Yes drag the window to the monitor etc.

Anyway I hope it was of some help after all that?

Ken.

manhattan
03-12-2008, 04:00 AM
Tony,

Drap! Don't you know what Drap means?? It means to type without looking and then not check your spelling afterwards :)

It wasn't until you replied and I read my own message that I saw "Drap" and it took me a while to figure out what I meant to say. DRAG!!!! Yes drag the window to the monitor etc.

Anyway I hope it was of some help after all that?

Ken.

Cheers Ken!