PDA

View Full Version : Wideview And Squawk Box?

SergeA340
02-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Well, I have started bulding my cockpit and I have finished the base and have all the monitors in place, I have a mockup of the MIP from some painted over cardboard and I used the existing gauges from my Wilco Pub Airbus Series, problem is that Since I have 4 displays open, if I open something else like squawk box, the EICAS freezes up, mabey since there are many things running.

So I was wondering if I would be able to use Wideview to run squawk box on another computer, has anyone tried this? If there is another way, would you please tell me?

Thanks
Sergio S.

Peter Dowson
02-20-2008, 08:33 PM
So I was wondering if I would be able to use Wideview to run squawk box on another computer

WidevieW is a program written by Luciano Napolitano to link together multiple PCs all running FS, for very wide multimonitor displays.

To run something like Squawkbox on a separate PC to FS you would use WideFS and, yes, lots of folks do use it that way. Ask around. I think there must be instructions for it with Squawkbox in any case.

I am no on-line flier and can't tell you any more, I'm afraid, only that it is done.

Regards

Pete

SergeA340
02-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Ok thanks very much, I recently bought a registration for Wide FS for displays but decided to keep my $400 and use the existing displays from my airplane:D, will look into the WideFS program, thanks again

SergeA340
02-22-2008, 11:11 PM
I have one more question, since I just noticed your the one who made the WideFS program, would I be able to use displays from a i.e.an Airbus on a separate computer as similar to Project Magentas software? The displays are each undockable and are able to be moved wherever.

SergeA340
02-22-2008, 11:17 PM
I have one more question, since I just noticed your the one who made the WideFS program, would I be able to use displays from a i.e.an Airbus on a separate computer as similar to Project Magentas software? The displays are each undockable and are able to be moved wherever.

sas550
02-23-2008, 02:23 AM
Nope. They are undockable and you can move them around on any monitor that are hooked up with the Fs pc. To achieve what you are asking you'll need software like PM or AST etc.