PDA

View Full Version : New computer for FS, what do you think?

btlnco
02-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Ok captains,

I have a decent computer for flightsim. but its kinda bogged down with running
FSX I run world of AI, AI, and have my settings decently high, but still i get low FPS when taking off, or landing.. so.. I went out and bought this computer yesterday.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3514701&Sku=SYXS-DC-989879

so this is what im thinking, i want to run triplehead2go. with this, any computer savoy captains out there that know, what i should be looking out for,
my set up is just a ch throttle, joystick, want to get a goflight mcp and gear lever. which shouldn't be a problem .. but i'd like a good frame rate. so I know this will work, i guess I'll jsut have to see when it gets here.
thanks
jason

Rodney
02-19-2008, 07:32 PM
I have something close, the same MB, 2 times the memory, same processor, 8800GT 512 and use TH2Go. what I found when using Vista 64 Ultimate was on every reboot of the OS, the TH2Go did not work. All the latest drivers installed. Dumped Vista, went with XP 64, no more TH2Go problems. Haven't had it running long enough to say everything is perfect, but its getting there.

btlnco
02-20-2008, 12:37 PM
just thinking out loud.

if you have two grafx cards, could you hook up 2 triplehead2go's? and run 1 set as your outside view? and the others for you Glass cockpit panels?
i was messing around with FSX and the CRJ cockpit allows me to enlarge the "glass" sections , wondering if thats away to represent your glass displays?

still learning how to do this..

jason

BHawthorne
02-23-2008, 05:57 AM
Several reasons why I wouldn't do 2 TH2G on a single card. That is pushing some serious pixel size. It will effect your FPS. Secondly, in a general gaming setup, you should go with odd number of monitors always (unless you want a bezel in the center of your field of view). I've demonstrated using a TH2G and SoftTH to achieve 5 monitors previously on other games. Not tried it on a flight simulator yet though.