PDA

View Full Version : New in the block!

mirrage
02-15-2008, 05:31 PM
Hi all!!!

I just registered my self in the forum and I am very happy to be with you!
I am a 23 year old flight simmer who wants to build his own cockpit one day and that's why I am here!
I started a couple of years before with a try to make my own 737 throttle quad.
It's not ready yet and it will never be cause I plan to rebuilt it and use stronger materials and new technics.At the momment I want to concetrate on building a yoke column wich I think its a bit easier.I found a tutorial in here uses a sidewinder.What a shame I wasted mine by using it to build my throttle...
Anyway...
Nobody learns without a fail!
I am with you and ready to build as much parts as I can.The only think that stops me is my family cause they say I waste their space(bla bla bla bla bla....) and my wallet that is empty.
I am sure in the end I will build a homepit as cheap and realistic as it gets!

Thank for reading this.

See ya!

luisgordo
02-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your project!

Matt Olieman
02-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Welcome to the "Block" :) and we live and learn by our failures, so join the club or "block"

Glad to have you join us, and keep us up to date on your project, please :)

Spooner60
02-15-2008, 09:35 PM
I think it’s hi time I introduced myself. I’m a retired CAF Air traffic controller now enjoying my retirement in Eastern Canada. I was also a long time civy flight instructor throughout my career in the military (as a part time job). I’ve owned a few airplanes in the pass and I’ve built and flown a Van’s RV-4 for a number of years. I have been a Flt.Sim enthusiast ever since I can remember when and now I’ve come across your fine Web site and forum.
I read Joe Lavery’s fine article in PC Pilot magazine and it really got me going as a “something to try” item. I’ve gone as far as I can with the B737 throttle Quadrant and now I need someone’s help in locating the required gears for this unit. I can purchase the 6 gears from a shop in France for less than $2.00 cdn. However the shipping would cost me $36.00. The gears in question are 20mm and 60mm (PVC) with a 4mm hub. (3 of each). If anyone knows of a North American source, any info would be appreciated.

Many thanks and a great forum.

Matt Olieman
02-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Spooner60, welcome aboard. Please keep us informed of your project. Sharing helps other builders, as you've already found out :)

Hope someone comes along with help finding your gears. :)

Michael Carter
02-15-2008, 11:09 PM
I stopped counting the failures several years ago.

If it hadn't been for the failures, my sim wouldn't be where it is today.

No one writes an instruction manual for building a sim. It's sometimes trial and error before something is working or looking correctly.

Welcome to the forum new guys. Hope to see some of your projects soon.

Taupax
02-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Gentlemen,

Welcome and now you will never leave hehehe.

mirrage
02-18-2008, 04:05 PM
The progress will be slow but I will keep you up to date.
As I said before first stop is the column!