PDA

View Full Version : cockpit shell

fokker100
01-02-2006, 05:28 AM
Hi All

First off all, happy new year to all of you!!
This week I finished the cockpit shell, for those interested visit:
www.strw.leidenuniv.nl/~avos and go to the news-page.
The shell is for the Fokker 100, however, size is not much different than the 737 or A320 shell (I think....), so hopefully
it can be a help for those building their own shell.
I build the shell, including the bottom, and all the woodwork for the mainpanels for around 500 Euro's, however, in the past two months there were
many moments that I really wished that a flightdeck had the shape of a cube.......:cry:

Aart Vos

ekezz
01-02-2006, 06:35 AM
Hallo Aart,
That is some awesome cockpit shell you have there. If Fokker gets a second lease on life we will ask them to make a cube-cockpit ;-)

How did you make the floorplan? It looks like a complicated puzzle. Did you draw it 1:1 before constructing?

Kester

fokker100
01-02-2006, 06:54 AM
Hi Kester,

Indeed, I have drawn the floorplan in autocad, and put in all the dimensions of the beams.
After that, you go to the DIY shop and ask them to saw it for you....
Either they do it, or you end up in two pices yourself....... :wink:

Also the arches were drawn in autocad, then plotted on A0, transferred to MDF plates, etc, etc..

Cheers

Aart

dodiano
01-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Wow that shell is amazing!! Very nice work congratulations! This could be useful to some of our Airbus guys the Cockpits on the Focker and the A-320 they look quite the same... Focker might be a bit smaller but if you donīt have a lot of space might be a great solution!

Thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Roberto

fokker100
01-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Hi Roberto,

I will check tonight, but I think the total width of de Fokker100 main panels is even about 8cm larger than those of the A320,
so an A320 would also fit in well.

Aart

fokker100
01-02-2006, 04:16 PM
By the way Robert,

It's a FoKKer, not a FoCKer, you are close to beeing very naughty...... :wink:

Aart

dodiano
01-02-2006, 06:14 PM
LOL!! Really sorry about that!! Was not intentional!!

Take care.

Roberto

Trevor Hale
01-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Excellent Job.

Wish I could find somewhere the True Dimensions of the A320 cockpit. Cockpits.de has some parts, but not all, and it is very hard to read some of his tape measurements.

I am looking to build a 100% real replica.

Trev