PDA

View Full Version : A giant passed away

michelmvd
02-09-2008, 03:07 PM
It is with great sadness I have seen the news this morning on the Avsim website.

Captain Mel Ott, also known as "Captain Tarmac", passed away on Thursday at his home in Florida. Mel was a well known member of our community and as a retired 747 Pilot for Northwest Airlines he gave me alot of information about his beloved Queen of the Skies.
He died at the age of 65, far to young.

Mell participated in the begin period with PM , at the moment the software was mostly focused on the B747-400.

Mell was the guy who was pushing me to start and continue building my cockpit project.
A great man, he will always be remembered.

Miche

AndyT
02-09-2008, 03:28 PM
He will be missed.

dodiano
02-09-2008, 03:29 PM
WHAT?? No Way?? Age 65 he was too young!! I remember he was te first one to use Plasma Screens when they where like real expensive for his home sim!! Talked to him a couple of times... very nice guy and actually a lot of the developments in Magenta was cause of him in terms of realism! Rest in Peace sir and may god have you flying his personal 747-400 a great loss for the communitty!!

Roberto Soriano

Matt Olieman
02-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Thank you Miche for bringing this to our attention.

My deepest sympathy goes to his family and friends and as Miche says: "A great man, he will always be remembered."

Matt O.
MyCockpit.org

Bob Reed
02-09-2008, 05:54 PM
I had the chance to work with Mel at PM... He will be greatly missed.....

Joe Cygan
02-09-2008, 09:36 PM
I did not know this person but is always sad to hear of someone passing especially an aviator.

God bless.

mattford1
02-13-2008, 01:55 AM
He was one of the first people I met in the hobby in the mid 90's. He was very cool and influential for me as well.

Matt
www.737sim.com