PDA

View Full Version : PMRJ PDF Display Question

Tim
02-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Curious if others see this and if it has already been reporterd.

When looking at the PDF, in the upper left corner, next to the top of the airspeed readout, and under the HDG/VOR/LOC boxes, there is some type of lettering that partically displays when flaps are lowered. If flaps are up, nothing is there. Appears to be yellow in color.

Any idea what this is and why it is partically visible?

Thanks

BlackWidow
02-05-2008, 09:36 PM
I will take a look tonight when i do some test flying? but i dont recall ever seeing it.

BlackWidow
02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Yes i see exactly what you are talking about but have no idea what it says. it almost looks like the word is to far up and needs to be pulled down just a little bit.

Tim
02-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Ok, thanks. I'll report it.

Not sure if you know this but there is an undocumented (last time I looked at the doc file) key command for Flight Controls.

Press the "T" key and the fuel dispaly to flight controls. I did not check tonight, since FSX crashed on me again on decent to KCHA, but at one time the flight control graphics did move when you moved the yoke. Trim setting does still work.

Denis
03-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi all,

I must say that PMRJ has a lot of bugs : the EICAS shows the APU status, but the ND says it is allways off. All pressure displays are flat. Terrain display is very unpredictable, one time it works, the ather flight on same area, it says terrain or terrain available but don't work.

I have reported these bugs since more then 18 months, and since almost 2 update are gone, but my bugs are not updated.

If anybody knows how I could control my PMRJ software with FSUIPC and Goflight keys, it would be nice ! I can only send keystrokes to GFkeys, but I want to send direct commands to the PMRJ and PM Systems but don't find any usable doc telling me how to use a PM function and the offsets in FSUIPC in the right way when this function doesn't exist in FSUIPC functions.

There are different docs (and an old one has teh "T" command to switch tanks/controls, but I have not found what I need.

Denis

Bob Reed
03-18-2008, 04:09 PM
PM software has there own codes and offsets for FSUIPC and you will find them in the FSUIPC SDK documents at Peter's site along with an explanation on how to use them.

Tim
03-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi Denis,

Yes, there are many issues with the RJ software. I suspect it is not a big seller so not much reason to fix them. The Boeing and Airbus people are screaming louder.

I use a GoFlight RP-48 to control the RJ nav display range setting and to turn On/Off airport, vor, ndb, fixes, and weather.

From memory, I think you have to add a copy of the GoFlight .dll to the Modules folder. I believe Pete Dowson has documented this in either the basic or advanced FSUIPC documentation.

I noticed the other day that there is a new main PM documentaion file for download.

Tim
03-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Page 26 of the FSUIPC Documentation

26 GoFlight equipment GoFlight buttons and rotary dials can also be programmed here・but take care that you don・t have both Goflight and FSUIPC4 acting on the same buttons as FSUIPC4 is not able to override the original programming. For GoFlight buttons to be recognised you must have the GoFlight module (GFDev.dll) installed either in the GoFlight program folder (where the Gfconfig program is installed) or, possibly easier, just place a copy into the FSX Modules folder, alongside FSUIPC4.DLL. If you install the latest version of the GoFlight software the correct DLL is installed automatically for you, but otherwise I provide one you can download from my Support Forum (by kind permission of GoFlight Inc). GoFlight buttons will all have high ―joystick‖numbers in FSUIPC4.

BlackWidow
03-18-2008, 08:36 PM
I have noticed in the new DOC file (not sure if it was there before) the TAB key says it Switches to the next Engine display page.....but if i hit TAB nothing happens so i am assuming it is just another Bug. And since were on the idea of Bugs I have also noticed that the COM freq does not change when turning the knob while inside FSX for that matter it does not show a change even when using an outside sourced knob. Ctrl-C is listed twice as a command one for the TCAS and one for the Engine page but it does not work for the Engine Page. I does not work unless of course it will only work with the FMS then I wont know at this time.

Denis
03-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Hi Tim,

Thank you for advice. Also, FSUIPC can detect my modules, but I don't know how to set up the commands : wich offset, value and so...

Let me know 1 or 2 examples : If I want to set TCAS on (so, a PMRJ offset) or to set an engine valve (PM System offset), FSUIPC never says my function is wrong, it simply don't apply, and there is annoying !

Best regards

Denis

Hi Denis,

Yes, there are many issues with the RJ software. I suspect it is not a big seller so not much reason to fix them. The Boeing and Airbus people are screaming louder.

I use a GoFlight RP-48 to control the RJ nav display range setting and to turn On/Off airport, vor, ndb, fixes, and weather.

From memory, I think you have to add a copy of the GoFlight .dll to the Modules folder. I believe Pete Dowson has documented this in either the basic or advanced FSUIPC documentation.

I noticed the other day that there is a new main PM documentaion file for download.

Tim
03-20-2008, 07:53 AM
Hi Denis,

My sim is on another computer so I will again try this from memory.

In FSUIPC Buttons and Switches tab:

Click rescan then press the button you want to assign. You should see it identified.

On the right side of the box, place a check in the FS and PM boxes.

In the drop down box, scroll down until you see the PM TCAS functions. Click on the one you want.

Close the Buttons and Switches tab and see if you can control TCAS.

Not all PM functions are in the drop down box. Pete Dowson added a drop down function called "Assign By Pram" or assign by parameter. There is a list of PM parameters on the PM documentation page.

I'll look at this again when I can get a minute to turn on the sim. I hope this explanation can point you in the right direction.

Denis
03-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your help. This IS my problem : assign by param : I don't find a way to have it working. The other ways are OK, but only a fiew of them are for PMRJ. I've tried a lot of things, but it never works, so I need help : where can i find an exemple of the offsets and params for PMRJ and PM systems.

Best regards

Denis

Tim
03-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Denis,

Look in the FSUIPC Advanced User's Guide. The Guide should be in the folder where you installed FSUIPC.

Here is a quote from Pete Dowson:

" .... there's also already a special FSUIPC control, documented in the FSUIPC Advanced User's guide, called PM GC Controls (by param) .... "

Take a look there and see if you can find what you need. If not, just keep asking. That's what this site is for.

Tim
03-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Denis,

Look at page 27 of Advanced User's Guide.

Here are the TCAS parameter numbers:

50 TCAS Off
51 TCAS Alt
52 TCAS CallSign
53 TCAS All
54 Toggle TCAS Off/Alt

One other note. I do not believe all the PM offsets or parameters are identified as specific to the RJ. Sometimes you just have to try one and see if it will work.

Denis
03-21-2008, 01:41 PM
I Tim,

Thank you for your help, i can now use the PM GC Commands !

But the PM GC Keys is still mysterious for me (and some functions are only available in that way.

FSUIPC.INI shows that : 38=P175,22,C2996,0 and does nothing

Have you any idea which way i could send a "T" value ?

Best regards

Denis

Denis,

Look at page 27 of Advanced User's Guide.

Here are the TCAS parameter numbers:

50 TCAS Off
51 TCAS Alt
52 TCAS CallSign
53 TCAS All
54 Toggle TCAS Off/Alt

One other note. I do not believe all the PM offsets or parameters are identified as specific to the RJ. Sometimes you just have to try one and see if it will work.

Tim
03-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Hi Denis,

Sorry for a late reply on your question.

You have the Button assigned correctly. Your problem is you have not told it which key to send.

38=P175,22,C2996,0 Change the 0 to 84, which is the parameter for the letter T.

Look in the FSUIPC Advanced Documentation. I believe around page 25 or so, there is a section which list the parameters for Letters.

Hope this helps.