PDA

View Full Version : Master Caution Light - interfacing

Paul G
02-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to use FS2Phidget to have a Master Caution Light and Warning Light illuminate when I get these in Flight Simulator.

Is there a variable / offset in FSX for (a) illuminating each of these lights, and (b) silencing them?

I don't use Project Magenta yet and I'm sure it's possible in PM, but hoping it will be possible within FSX.

Thank you

Paul

Thomas Richter
02-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi

In FSX it is just a gauge that displays this indication that is not linked to an Offset. So there is no way to read or write to most of this gauges because they work only internal with their own variables.

Tim
02-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Hi Paul,

There are no warning or caution light offsets for FS9 or FSX. To my understanding, they are coded from within each aircraft's panel, so there is no way of grapping a light's On/Off value.

The PM site does list all the FS and PM offsets. Master Warning and Master Caution are not listed.

Only way to do it is to manually do the logic curcuits, such as, If Oil Pressure = 0, Then Illunimate Master Warning Light. This would be required for all the possible scenarios that would cause the lights to illuminate.

I believe you can do this with PMSystems. Not sure about PS2Phiget.

Hope this helps.

steveeverson
02-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Used a light dependant resistor fixed to a bit of the screen and a small relay circuit to drive the LED/light. Works really well. Away from home at moment but i'll post some more info when i get back if that helps..
Steve:D

Paul G
02-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Wow that's an amazing solution. I'd be very very interested to hear more. Thanks Steve

Used a light dependant resistor fixed to a bit of the screen and a small relay circuit to drive the LED/light. Works really well. Away from home at moment but i'll post some more info when i get back if that helps..
Steve:D

Paul G
02-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Hey Tim,

As I remember it, FS2Phidget does allow logical tests for activating outputs. For example, with the landing gear, you can have the gear in motion red light flash while the gear is mid-way, and go out or green depending on whether up or down.

I'll work on the basis of your suggestion though. It's a shame that FSX doesn't support this but clearly there's ways around it which work satisfactorily.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

There are no warning or caution light offsets for FS9 or FSX. To my understanding, they are coded from within each aircraft's panel, so there is no way of grapping a light's On/Off value.

The PM site does list all the FS and PM offsets. Master Warning and Master Caution are not listed.

Only way to do it is to manually do the logic curcuits, such as, If Oil Pressure = 0, Then Illunimate Master Warning Light. This would be required for all the possible scenarios that would cause the lights to illuminate.

I believe you can do this with PMSystems. Not sure about PS2Phiget.

Hope this helps.

steveeverson
02-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Made a little video to show how i did it with light dependant resistors
Hope that helps, any questions give me a shout..

YouTube - PMDG Caution and Warning

Cheers
Steve:p

Matt Olieman
02-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Steve, that is SLICK!!!!!! :) Very Good!!!!!

Trevor Hale
02-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Outstanding. So simple, yet so complex. Great feedback Steve,

Thanks

kiek
02-05-2008, 06:36 PM
FYI

For the Level-D 767 there are as well FSUIPC offsets as Opencockpits SIOC variables for the Master switch and the Warning & Caution lights.

This information is provided by the Level-D SDK and made available as offsets and vars via my free software tools FSCONV and Lekseecon.

see www.nicokaan.nl (http://www.nicokaan.nl)

Nico Kaan

Paul G
02-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Actually that's my next question, so thanks for anticipating that. I will probably install in my 767 instead of my jet fighter.

While I think of it, is there any way of picking up the Level-D offsets and variables in FS2PHIDGET? I think I need the latter to control the phidget boards I bought.

Thanks for your help.

paul

FYI

For the Level-D 767 there are as well FSUIPC offsets as Opencockpits SIOC variables for the Master switch and the Warning & Caution lights.

This information is provided by the Level-D SDK and made available as offsets and vars via my free software tools FSCONV and Lekseecon.

see www.nicokaan.nl (http://www.nicokaan.nl)

Nico Kaan

kiek
02-06-2008, 02:51 AM
Yes, you can use Level-D offsets in phidgets just like any other fsuipc offset.

chrisdanker
02-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Steve,

That's absolutely brilliant. It's amazing what talent's we have out there in the Simming World and the things and ideas that some of come up with are amazing......all in an effort to have some sort of alternative to getting to "As Close as the Real Thing" as possible.

Great job Steve..

Regards,
Chris