PDA

View Full Version : Most Important Aspect of your sim software

Tomlin
02-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Okay, in light of the FS vs. XPlane discussion, I wanted to see where importance lies with our membership here on MC.org.

Matt Olieman
02-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Nice poll Eric, Thank You!!!! :)

Bob Reed
02-04-2008, 11:58 AM
One thing is missing and probably for me it is the reason I have never gone back and looked at other software.... Ability to interface to it and to have an interface that will work with it..... Without an interface there is no cockpit....

BlackWidow
02-04-2008, 12:11 PM
I actually agree with Bob on the issue of Interfacing but I like the idea of Flight dynamics the best but i guess when it comes right down to it I would like the world to have the corect scenery. Good poll

Tomlin
02-04-2008, 12:25 PM
One thing is missing and probably for me it is the reason I have never gone back and looked at other software.... Ability to interface to it and to have an interface that will work with it..... Without an interface there is no cockpit....

On the option for "Open Platform" I was trying to indicate 'Interface-ability' but the poll limits us to 100 characters. You guys know how I like to go on and on- I had really long descriptions for each choice, but then had to narrow them down considerably.

I agree though Bob- FSUIPC has done so much for this hobby that it would be nearly impossible until someone else came along and created a way to get into the software with our hardware to make it all work. Im hoping that sim connect will be made better with FS11 since it's not fair to completely rely on Pete Dowson's continued (and amazing commitment) on FSUIPC development in the future.

David Rogers
02-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Good poll Eric.

I don't think the thing that is most important to me is featured though ...... smoothness and fluidity. Not necessarily the level of complexity of the graphics, and not necessarily pure accuracy of the flight dynamics at all times, but smoothness and fluidity of the frame passes.

That's what does it for me.

That's why I am a long way from moving to FSX ......... I would personally never trade smooth, fluid, consistant frame rate movement, for moving cars and elephants.

:)

Tomlin
02-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Good poll Eric.

I don't think the thing that is most important to me is featured though ...... smoothness and fluidity. Not necessarily the level of complexity of the graphics, and not necessarily pure accuracy of the flight dynamics at all times, but smoothness and fluidity of the frame passes.

That's what does it for me.

That's why I am a long way from moving to FSX ......... I would personally never trade smooth, fluid, consistant frame rate movement, for moving cars and elephants.

:)

Doh! (in the voice of Homer Simpson)

I knew I'd forget a choice that I meant to put in!

Bob Reed
02-04-2008, 02:17 PM
I too would have been able to pick that choice as it is the simulation as a hole that I look at. Not just 1 or 2 aspects. No 1 item is all important, it is the software as a whole.. I am willing to give in areas to gain in some. That is what this hobby is all about, willing to accept compromise to get what you are looking for as a whole... Or you will not stay in this hobby long....

spitfire9
02-04-2008, 03:10 PM
I voted for flight dynamics ,,, but really,, I think it has to be a balance between some of the other options.
For example, I'm not willing to switch to X-plane for the flight dynamics and give up the perks of Fs9, such as Vatsim or Activesky.

Bob Reed
02-04-2008, 03:31 PM
I voted for flight dynamics ,,, but really,, I think it has to be a balance between some of the other options.
For example, I'm not willing to switch to X-plane for the flight dynamics and give up the perks of Fs9, such as Vatsim or Activesky.

I think there is a add on for X-Plane to work with VATSIM....

BlackWidow
02-04-2008, 03:37 PM
I just watched a video of a heavy flying an approach while on VATSIM. I also read on a froum about weather programs for Xplane. never seen them though so cant comment on that one.

Good point David.