PDA

View Full Version : Autobrake vars and Logic (pmSystems and Phidgets)

ekezz
12-26-2005, 07:46 AM
Kindly requesting some help
This is where I got so far

In the Phidgets.txt I assigned
8830 DI00 autobrake 0
8830 DI01 autobrake 2
8830 DI02 autobrake 3
8830 DI03 autobrake 4
8830 DI04 autobrake 5

The green test leds on the phidget board light up when I select the position so the connections seem to be ok.

In the Logic I added:
fsAutoBrake = AutoBrake

if AutoBrake = 2 then
fsAutoBrake = 2
else
fsAutobrake = 1
endif

Obviously this is only to see if I can get the brakes to work.

But I do not see any message on the EICAS?
In the CTRL-A I can see that fsAutoBrake [2] so the value is assigned.

What am I missing here?

Kester Meijer
http://www.ifsbi.org - for cockpit builders information
http://fly.ekezz.com - to see my cockpit construction

Trevor Hale
12-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Kester,

I am not sure if it matters, but did you notice that you letter case is defferent in fsAutoBrake=AutoBrake then it is in your 8830 DI00 autobrake 0

Not sure if it is case sensitive..

Trev

ekezz
12-26-2005, 03:09 PM
Hi Trevor,
Yes, I was worried about that too, but when I save AutoBrakes in the phidgets.txt from developement mode pmSystems it changes to lowertext autobrakes. I gues it doesn't make a difference then. It also changed the TaxiLight ti lowercase and it still worked.

A reply to my posting in PM forum suggested that there is no message on the upper eicas for 737 as there are hardware annunciator in the cockpit. Am not sure if this is the case.
Kester

ekezz
01-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Finally I decided to pester my cousin with my question. He is a real life captain on the 737 PG and NG.

In our fleet we do not have an autobrake indication on the upper or lower display unit where the engine instruments are presented. We do have an autobrake selector together with an autobrake disarmlight.
It is a separate module.
It is combined with the antiskid control switch and the antiskid inop light.

RTO is the take-off setting (rejected take-off)
1,2,3 and max are landing settings with increasing decelleration levels.
The autobrake disarm light indicates that the autobrakes are deactivated, in other words, manual braking

* This is a translation from his Dutch reply to me, so is there are mistakes, they are mine.

The settings info I did know because it's in the FSUIPC offsets documentation.
But the information that it is a separate module and that indications do not show up on the engine displays is new to me.

Thank you Vyron.