PDA

View Full Version : Learjet 45 Nose Section Kit pre-release shots

Tomlin
01-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone

I've done a bit of cleaning up over at FlightLevel180 and wanted to share that I have added a 'Featured Vendors' page, and the first entry shows a Learjet 45 nose section under development by a fellow builder.

Stroll on over to www.Flightlevel180.org if you care to have a look and click on 'Featured Vendors'.

Joe Cygan
01-31-2008, 03:23 PM
Wow! that nose section is incredible. That is sure to make some Lear builders very happy.

BHawthorne
01-31-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm impressed with the planning and engineering that looks to have went into that. I aspire to that quality of work in the future. Was a manual wood router used, or was it cut via cnc router table? :D

Tomlin
01-31-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm impressed with the planning and engineering that looks to have went into that. I aspire to that quality of work in the future. Was a manual wood router used, or was it cut via cnc router table? :D

Not really sure! Ron has access to lots of tools and is very talented with them! You should see the scale model he built for a home he hopes to build one day- very intersting skills he has.

ivar hestnes
01-31-2008, 04:03 PM
Very nice:)

Looking forward to see more of that nose.

Kris Stow
01-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Eric,

That looks great, will you making two??.. :o I will be needing one!!!.. hahah I went and took a look at the Lear 24 nose section and you were right wayyyyyy to small. The site looks great; keep in touch.

I did N345MC's x-country yesterday and it was awsome.. have a great weekend.

Michael Carter
01-31-2008, 11:06 PM
Cool stuff Eric. Will he be using the actual windscreen?

Tomlin
02-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Cool stuff Eric. Will he be using the actual windscreen?

Im not sure how he is tackling that issue- in the 1/12th size model it had a windscreen that was made of acetate and it looked pretty good. Im thinking that making it out of super thin acrylic might actually be possible now- hoping so because Im odering one of these shells too!

btlnco
02-01-2008, 11:07 AM
WOW,
thats what i call a sim shell!
what the size on that? cant be too big judging from the tools.
more of a commercial airliner fan myself,but it gives me some great ideas to work with, guess i dont need a full size 767 cockpit just to get the feel of a commercial airliner cockpit.
hope to hear more
Jason

Tomlin
02-01-2008, 11:13 AM
"Got turbine?" Love that quote!

Tomlin
03-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Hello to all Learjet 45 fans,
I wanted to share some new LJ45 shell pictures. Go to http://www.flightlevel180.org/11.html for pictures and all.

rt72
03-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Could somebody verify Ron's email?

I'm getting some strange bounceback message and not sure if my email got through.

Kris Stow
03-25-2008, 12:46 AM
Eric,

It was great talking with you. The shell is looking excellent!! Tell Ron great job, cant wait to see it all together with Joe's panels all lit up. Good luck bro and we'll chat with you later.

PaulEMB
03-25-2008, 01:28 AM
Very nice job, Eric,

I'm glad to see progress on the smaller jet front!

Tomlin
03-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks, he's done a great job of design and work there as can be seen.

Im looking forward to getting my kit, it looks awesome and will really add such a nice touch of realism!

PaulEMB
03-26-2008, 07:46 PM
I also love the appearance of the shell - reminds me of the hours I spent on the drill press making holes that can now only be seen on my web page!:roll:

But - some of thme did come in handy to feed wires through as planned!

Lets see some pics of your sim with the new shell.

Tomlin
03-27-2008, 11:16 AM
I also love the appearance of the shell - reminds me of the hours I spent on the drill press making holes that can now only be seen on my web page!:roll:

But - some of thme did come in handy to feed wires through as planned!

Lets see some pics of your sim with the new shell.

Hi Paul, thanks! Yes, lots of the hardwork wont be seen after it's all finished but will come in handy when wiring, installing stuff, and of course the overall look while building too.

Once I have it in hand, I will share photos!

Michael Carter
03-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Any word on how the windscreen will be manufactured?

Tomlin
03-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Yes, the manufacturing process is done by hand! :-)

The idea is to take a sheet of clear material (acrylic, plexi, etc.) and lay it on one half of the windscreen area. The cut the approximate size and get it to where it can be attached to the nose. At that point you would mark the exact outline that is needed and remove it for final finishing of that piece, and simply use that piece also as a template for the opposite side. Once they are both cut and attached, then depending on the user they could add thin flashing to seem it in better, or leave it (since it's not really seen from the inside anyhow).

This has been tried with the model and it worked just great and no issues were experienced regarding the shape, etc. If enough demand were in place Im sure it could be provided.

Note, I want to keep too much discussions related to this particular kit private ONLY because it's not fair to Matt and Team to advertise this too much in this fashion at this time. If it's something that everyone could use that's not specific to a product, then hopefully it's helpful to the community at large.