PDA

View Full Version : A320 sim in Europe?

john001
01-31-2008, 02:52 PM
Hello everyone,

this is my first post on here. I have what may be considered a somewhat unusual question:)

Has anyone built/know of an A320 simulator here in Europe? I'm just finished my commercial pilot training and have completed an A320 type rating also.

I have a sim check with Air Berlin in Hamburg next month and would like to get some practise in.
The only problem with the Level D 'certified' simulators out there is the cost; over $1000/hr in the UK!
I have flown an amateur built 737-800 in Belgium and thought it was absolutely amazing in terms of realism and detail!
So I was hoping that someone might know of an A320 somewhere- perhaps the USA?

Kind regards,

John.

Tomlin
01-31-2008, 02:59 PM
Welcome John!

Been a long time, but Ive traveled thru Limerick back in 2004. Lovely country there in the West.

Hopefully you can connect with someone that has a usable A320 sim somewhere convienient for ye.

Eric T

john001
01-31-2008, 03:09 PM
yes its quite pleasant when it stops raining! :)
Cheers,
John.

Tomlin
01-31-2008, 03:57 PM
I landing in Kerry, went up thru Limerick and stayed in Ennis for a week for a music program ran by Garry Shannon. Had a Limerick guy as one of my flute teachers- Niall Keegan- what a great time it was.

Anyhow, glad you have joined the forum. Dont forget to add your experience as a RL pilot here to those asking questions about the aircraft that you're familiar with!