PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the UK

Smutley
01-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi everyone
My name is Simon and I live in the UK.
I've been into flightsim for about five years now and I am a member of quite a few of the forums.
Stumbled accross your forum by mistake and I must say "What a find".
I think I'm going to enjoy looking around here, as if I haven't got enough distractions already.
I've have no plans to build a cockpit at the moment, but and this is a big but, if I spend too much time hanging with you lot I might have to reconsider my decision.
I think the wife and kids maybe in for some lonely evenings in front of the telly.
Anyway that's my first post.

All the best.

Simon :)

steveeverson
01-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Hi Simon, welcome to the madhouse!
Well if your'e not ready to start your own cockpit yet you can always help me out with mine!
nice to have someone nearby on the forums!
good luck!

Steve;)

Matt Olieman
01-27-2008, 04:07 PM
I can use the help too, unfortunately, you're not quite next door :)

Welcome to this site, look forward hear much of your flight-sim building experience :)

Bob Reed
01-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Hi Simon. Glad to have you here. It is ok to be here and just look... I think we should have a warning on the site though..."Warning hanging here can be dangerous to your social and family life!" What do you folks think?:shock:

mpl330
01-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Hi Simon,
Welcome, its a slippery slope and you're on the edge already, in a few days a joystick for FS just won't be good enough for you!
The guys here are friendly and far too helpful for your own good :)
Cheers
Mike

Smutley
01-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Steve
Milton Keynes, not too sure I'd be able to find you, got lost last time I went there.

Matt
A bit too far for me to go in a long weekend, thanks for the offer.

Bob
My obsession for flightsim has done that already, my wife and kids think I'm nuts already.

Mike
Guess I've just got to go with the gradient.

Thanks for the welcome guys and what a warm welcome as well.

Regards

Simon :D

Westozy
01-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Welcome to our forum Simon from an ex pom from Yorkshire now in Oz. It goes like this - you make your first piece and then your hooked!!!

Matt, I was wondering what the prize is for 1000 posts! ;)

Gwyn

Smutley
01-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks Gwyn

And so another website goes into my favourites folder. Stop tempting me, I've only just joined.
Can you get hooked without making your first piece?

Bob Reed
01-27-2008, 09:14 PM
It's just like when you know you are coming down with the latest bug.... You just don't feel just right.....:) Then you say, ya know I know what I have..... Same thing...

Geremy Britton
01-28-2008, 12:41 PM
welcome simon!

don't mention favourites folders i get lost in there everytime i search for something. i have half a dozen folders with half a dozen webistes in each. then into the flight sim building folder.... and oh dear..... one huge mess of hundreds of sim sites all over the net. when i see one i think oh i havn't seen that one before and it goes into mt favourites! but then when i want that site again to refer to something ........... well i'm sure you can guess how long that takes!!:roll::D

David Rogers
01-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Hello Simon,

Welcome! As you can see, there is a growing number of people from the UK around here, along with our friends from the USA, Canada, Oz, NZ, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, India, South America, and lots of other places I forgot to mention !

:)

Matt Olieman
01-28-2008, 05:39 PM
and lots of other places I forgot to mention !

HEY DAVID!!!!! Welcome back :) :)

You weren't kidding when you said that David.... It's amazing how people and from so many nations around the world.... I think it's absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!

Smutley
01-30-2008, 06:27 AM
Oh dear looks like I'm going to split my time between you gents and the chaps over at Flightsim.com

David Rogers
01-30-2008, 01:54 PM
It'll be 80/20 in favour of this place, once you get the bug !

Hi Matt - Yes back in one piece, good to be back around here and catching up!