PDA

View Full Version : The T-38 is flying..well sort of.

jmig
01-23-2008, 11:52 PM
Tonight I flew my cockpit like a real airplane. I feel like I have just landed a real airplane. I flew the Iris T-6 from the backseat as an IP. Reminded me of the old days.

I have three small monitors to display the instruments. I had the center one between the pilots legs set up with an EADI & EHSI tied to FSX.

To reach out and grab a real gear handle that looks and feels like the USAF one, pull it down and hear and feel the "clunk" then see the gear coming down. It was awesome. My wife ever was impressed.

All the years of researching and building and wondering if it would ever fly were worth it. I still have a lot of work to do, but it's flying.

BlackWidow
01-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Thats Awsome

Bob Reed
01-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Nothing like that first flight!! It is what keeps you going. I remember my fist flight in my 737.. WOW!!!

Michael Carter
01-24-2008, 12:18 AM
It's a great feeling isn't it?

I'll bet you were grinning from ear to ear the whole time.

I know I was. Congratulations!

jmig
01-24-2008, 12:22 AM
It's a great feeling isn't it?

I'll bet you were grinning from ear to ear the whole time.

I know I was. Congratulations!

Yes, I was. :) Now to get the other computer set up and running the cockpit monitors in a LAN.

Mike.Powell
01-24-2008, 02:16 AM
Congratulations, John.

Westozy
01-24-2008, 06:21 AM
Way to go John, great news for you that the wife liked it. My missus went from "You're not thinking of having those car seats in the house are you?" to "Come and see Gwyn's simulator" to everyone that drops in! It's good to get the 'crew' on board.

Gwyn

jmig
01-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Congratulations, John.

Thank you Mike.

BTW - I still want a copy of your new book. Provided I live that long. ;)

Congratulations on your talk at the AVSIM conference.

jmig
01-24-2008, 08:14 AM
Way to go John, great news for you that the wife liked it. My missus went from "You're not thinking of having those car seats in the house are you?" to "Come and see Gwyn's simulator" to everyone that drops in! It's good to get the 'crew' on board.

Gwyn

She has always been behind me. As I told someone on another forum, if you don't want her to complain about the money, play golf for a several years or buy a real airplane, then switch to building a flight simulator.

Far cheaper. :D