PDA

View Full Version : On behave of your Boeing 757 flight crew we would like to welcom....

btlnco
01-18-2008, 11:34 PM
Hello all,

Just introducing myself, new to the site. Been looking over it a few days. quiet impressed with the amount of really well done Sims.
I just have a desk top set up for now, but working on a enclosed flightdeck.
I dont have the funds to buy first class panels or realistic controls.
but im on the right track. :)
I have a joystick and a Ch products TQ thats set up for speed brake, #1 and #2 engines and flaps. I leave the 2nd and 5th axis blank as i dont fly much 4 engine craft.
I dont know if i will ever make a true cockpit based on one type of aircraft.
I live in the Pacific NW and love flying small hops, KSEA, KPDX, KGEG, and alot of the smaller airports around. but once in awhile I get to the urge to fly coast to coast.
So i settled on a twin engine jetliner I then can fly everything form CRJ's to 777 if i needed too.
I run MSX with world of AI packages
just bought a torpedo game projector. hoping that it will be decent to project in a dark room while flying day flights.
Ive built a stand for the throttle quadrant. and working on a MDF cover to cover up the plasticness of it, and make it a bit more realistic.
also will make a side base for the joystick, I.e. AIRbus design.
so basically building my own jetliner. or may a concept cockpit for the next Boeing? ;)
I look forward to all the Ideas that i will get off this site. and cant wait to start building more to the sim. well enough with the typing and back to cutting MDF.
Cheers.
Jason

Matt Olieman
01-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Jason, welcome aboard. Look forward to seeing your progress, and as far as ideas... WOW!!! lot's of them here... I hope you'll share your's with us as well :)

Bob Reed
01-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Welcome Jason! We all started like you at one point. Stay at it and we would love to see a few photos of what you have so far! We love pictures!!

Trevor Hale
01-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi Jason,

Welcome to Mycockpit.org. If you would like, Post some pictures of your desktop setup, I am sure there are many builders like you that would be interested in sharing ideas even from a desktop point of view.

I Look forward to watching your project grow.

Talk to you soon.

Trevor Hale
Mycockpit Admin.

Michael Carter
01-19-2008, 11:18 AM
I've only been behind a MIP for six months so I remember what desktop flying was like. Everybody starts there.

Post some photos of your set-up. We love pictures.