PDA

View Full Version : Fds Mcdu + Pm Mcdu

pdpo
01-15-2008, 04:57 AM
Hi there,

I recently installed the FDS elite MCDU and had some problems getting the right keys into PM MCDU. The reason was that the MCDU is QWERTY and my PC AZERTY. I got it solved by
changing to US keyboard on the PC except for one key.
When I am in the INIT A page, I press the NEXT PAGE key and nothing happens.
Tracing with SPY++ give me VK_NEXT when pressing that key.
On my normal PC keyboard I need to press PAGE UP (VK_PRIO) to go to the INIT B page.
Is this a problem other people are experiencing to, am i doing something wrong?

Greetz Peter

npbosch
01-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Google for keyscan. Just push a button on your FDS CDU and see what keyscan receives.

You can change the menu keys of PM CDU. I think (do it by head now) that default they are shift/F1-shift/F12.
You can not do that with s normal keyboardencoder. So change them to the numlock 0-9 and the arrow keys or the PgUp/PgDn keys.
Thats possible from the ini file to do that, but also (more easy) from within the menu.

pdpo
01-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Norbert,

as you mention, we can change the menu keys in PM MCDU but not the arrow keys, nor the
NEXT PAGE button. And on my PC keyboard I need to press PAGE UP (VK_PRIO) to get to INIT B page but the FDS MCDU gives the keycode for PAGE DOWN (VK_NEXT). This key I cannot modify in the MCDU and Enrico does not answer my mail.

Greetz Peter

pdpo
01-16-2008, 04:40 AM
It was solved after enrico answered the email....

Problem was a setting in the mcdu.ini AltInKey=on should have been off

Greetz Peter

(now the page down is needed on the keyboard, this is also the key generated by the fds mcdu)

Thanks to PM

Greetz Peter