PDA

View Full Version : Arriving EDDF

Michael Carter
01-14-2008, 01:19 AM
Thought I'd post a few in the forum. Just out for a few practise approaches on a beautiful winter morning.

I'm back about four gates or so from the 747. I'n not really supposed to be docked here. This whole concourse is reserved for Lufthansa.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/boeing722/7272.jpg

Radar
01-14-2008, 02:43 PM
:pVery cool .This is my favourite plane of all times. Your doing a great job, bringing it back to life.

Michael Carter
01-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Thank you Radar.

It ain't easy but it sure is fun.

Matt Olieman
01-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Looks great Mike, nice job. Thanks for the Pic :)

David Rogers
01-15-2008, 12:51 PM
It's maybe a bit off-topic but Mike (and others who love the old liners), have you checked out the Tinmouse II 737-200 on AVSIM ?

It was a work that was originally developed by a payware developer, and was intended to be released by Flight 1, but development proved too slow (allegedly) and it was dropped.

The original developer is no longer in the hobby apparantly, but the Tinmouse is maintained by Bob Scott, who some of you may know from various flight sim arenas.

It is absolutely superb ! ....... I have to say, I am addicted to it at the moment, it's proving a big distraction from my A33/20 pit ! :)

I find it has the same high quality feel to it, that the Dreamfleet 727 has, which is why I thought you might like it Mike.

Stick "Tinmouse II 737-200" into AVSIM and you can find it - there are a number of files & updates that need to be installed - a bit fiddly but well worth it !

It's compatible with the CIVA INS, and also has excellent systems, a stunning overhead and authentic Sperry autopilot.

:)

Tomlin
01-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Mike

I remember the first airliner I was ever allowed onto the flightdeck of- a Delta Airlines 727-200 at NAS Jacksonville, which made two consecutive visits for the Blue Angels. Just so happened that I met a very good aviation friend as a result of being on that flight deck at the right time.

It was very interesting to be there and see all the old equipment, and then to de-plane via the rear airstair.

luisgordo
01-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Looks real cool Mike! Congrats and keep up the good work!