PDA

View Full Version : PM Boeing GC Flaps question

Olympic260
01-12-2008, 10:14 AM
At PM GC I have activated the analogue Flaps Gauge. I ma using the PMDG flight model and the PMDG737700 txt file for the flap settinngs.

Although the flaps are shown normaly up to 40 degrees the LE Trans and LE ext are not light up as they supposed.

In the real aircraft the sequence is

Flaps UP -> Flaps 1 LE Trans illuminated and when flaps 1 LE Ext is ON
Flaps 1 -> Flaps 2 LE Ext ON
Flaps 2 -> Flaps 5 LE Ext ON
Flaps 5 -> Flaps 10 LE Trans illuminated and when flaps 10 LE Ext is ON
The rest up to 40 LE EXT is ON

On the GC it shows

Flaps UP -> Flaps 1 LE Trans illuminated and when flaps 1 all OFF (Wrong)
Flaps 1 -> Flaps 2 all off Wrong
Flaps 2 -> Flaps 5 all off Wrong
The rest is working normaly.

Is there a way to change this in the txt file or is hardcoded to the GC? Anybody know?

Bob Reed
01-12-2008, 10:24 AM
In the ini file there is a setting to show LE Transite. Make shure this is set right.

Olympic260
01-12-2008, 10:30 AM
If you mean the "StandByFlapsIndicator " is ON. This is the only flaps setting I found on the pfd.ini regarding the LE FLAPS TRANS/EXT

Thomas Richter
01-12-2008, 11:41 AM
If you mean the "StandByFlapsIndicator " is ON. This is the only flaps setting I found on the pfd.ini regarding the LE FLAPS TRANS/EXT

StandByInstruments must be activated and displayed as well.
It means that on the GC (normally EICAS) this both settings must be activated and then the Flaps indicators are visible on the screen, if not you don't get the info / display.

Olympic260
01-12-2008, 01:11 PM
The stb Instruments are activated. The Flap gauge and stb gauges are active but the LE trans and LE EXT are not activating as they suppose. IE the EXT is ON only after Flaps5.

I ll make some screenshots later to expain better what I mean

Thomas Richter
01-12-2008, 01:26 PM
The stb Instruments are activated. The Flap gauge and stb gauges are active but the LE trans and LE EXT are not activating as they suppose. IE the EXT is ON only after Flaps5.

I ll make some screenshots later to expain better what I mean

That depends on your A/C !
The Flaps, as well LE Flaps are defined in its aircraft.cfg. We only display what is defined there.

Olympic260
01-12-2008, 02:11 PM
The aircraft I am using is the Flight Model and external model of the PMDG using the default FS panel I can see that the LE annunciators are ON/OFF as they suppose but the same time at GC software are not. So I don't think that is a aircraft cfg problem. I have tryied also the default 737 with PM on the panel the annunciators are correct but on GC not

And the pics

Below the Flaps are transiting from 0 to 1 the trans correctly is ON
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/Olympic260/2.jpg

At flaps 1 here the flpas EXT shoud be ON
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/Olympic260/3.jpg

Here transiting towards FLAP5 correct but on Flaps 5 the EXT shoud be ON whch does not happen
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/Olympic260/4.jpg

Flaps 5 to 10 the transit is On as it supposed
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/Olympic260/5.jpg

Flaps 10 Ext is ON and continues to stay on until FLAPS40
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/Olympic260/6.jpg

Bob Reed
01-12-2008, 02:15 PM
I don't know where to tell you to look but these work fine in my sim. Basically the same setup as yours.

Thomas Richter
01-12-2008, 02:21 PM
PMDG simulates some of this only in their panels but the cfg is in this case not in synchronous. We read just the position from the A/C and don't simulate this settings external.

Olympic260
01-12-2008, 02:26 PM
I don't know where to tell you to look but these work fine in my sim. Basically the same setup as yours.

Bob which txt file are u using for the CDU? Maybe something weong there on mine.

Bob Reed
01-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Bob which txt file are u using for the CDU? Maybe something weong there on mine.

Not sure off the top om head. I will take a look later today.

Thomas Richter
01-12-2008, 02:34 PM
I forgot some words ;)

PMDG simulates some of this only in their panels but the cfg is in this case not in synchronous. We read just the position from the A/C and don't simulate this settings external.

Not at this stage, but in the new files (737) they are as part of the AftOH.

Olympic260
01-12-2008, 03:02 PM
I forgot some words ;)

Not at this stage, but in the new files (737) they are as part of the AftOH.

AFTOH? Nice !!!!! I can't wait for the new ver to come out;)

Olympic260
01-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Because I have narrowed the probelm and as it looks 99.9% is my error. can someone who has his Flaps annunciators working correctly and uses PMDG flight and external model tells me which PMDG PM modification use? on the PM site there are two

1) PMDG 737-700 SU3 mod by Bob Scott 070204
Please Note: this is for SU3 (Althought his for some reason does not find teh correct version of PMDG gauges although I have the latest unmodified.)

2) PMDG 737-700 fix by Steve Reyling 090803

Is there and another mod out there ?

eudoniga
01-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Hi Chris,

I'm in your same ship.

I'm using - with no success - Steve Reyling's 737 performance file for the CDU but - regardless to this - it looks like we must look at the aircraft.cfg ...

According to Thomas - see a few posts before - it is THERE where PM looks at.

So we'd better find a way to change something inside this file, rather than the CDU.ini, or the performance file, or the GC.ini ...

Don't you agree ?

Rgds,

p.s.: what I don't understand is that this very same aircraft.cfg, run on a laptop setup without PM and with the standard PMDG panels and gauges, does provide exact data for the LE transit and extension ...

Why can it be wrong for PM logics and correct for PMDG's ?

Boh ...

:roll:

Thomas Richter
01-14-2008, 10:40 AM
To set the Flaps in aircraft.cfg (FS) you need to check/correct the settings under this positions

[flaps.0] //Trailing Edge Flaps

[flaps.1] //Inboard Leading Edge Flaps

[flaps.2] //Outboard Leading Edge Slat

They define the different Flap types.
And we read the correspondig offset of the LE Flaps from FSUIPC.

Bob Reed
01-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Well now I have just went over and looked at the PM site for the CDU txt file that I am using and it is not there. So I will go down in a bit and get the file I am using and place it in the download area.