PDA

View Full Version : Phoneix Software Website

chrisdanker
01-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Anyone knows what happened to the Phoneix Simulation Website as I'm trying to download an Airbus Aircraft again but I cant seem to get into their site :
http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/

Thanks

Regards,
Chris

Badge
01-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Yeah they are closed up, some rumors flying around that they may start up again later this year but I wouldn't count on it. At least not under the Phoenix name with all the bad press. Go to avsim and read their now Unofficial Forums.

David Rogers
01-09-2008, 01:09 PM
I personally would not waste my time re-downloading any of the products that PSS released beyond 2002's Airbus Pro A320. In the last 5 years there was a total lack of personal commitment from Graham at the helm. He took no interest in staying competitive in the market, improving products as FS evolves, maintaining a relationship with customers, or learning how to work with FSX.

PSS are a big disappointment and I'm ashamed that a British developer would just close their site - when their product range relies on connection to that site for re-downloading - and not make any arrangements for customers to access the software they have paid for elsewhere.

It's a true disgrace.

If you live in the UK, you should contact your local trading standards office and report a formal complaint against PSS (address below). You may at least stand some chance of getting a credit card / debit card refund.

PHOENIX SIMULATION LIMITED
UNIT 11 MARTELLO ENTERPRISE
CENTRE COURTWICK LANE
LITTLEHAMPTON
WEST SUSSEX BN17 7PA
Company No. 02159281

I know it is generally not good to make derogatory comments about FS developers, in this case, PSS have knowingly just walked away from a web-based product system that relies on having access to their web site.

I have spent approx £100 ($200) with PSS and currently have none of their products on my hard drive ...... so I am now unable to get access to any of the products I have bought. Ok, as I said at the start, I'm not too upset as PSS products are way below par, for flight simulation in 2008 but in principal, I have lost that $200 worth of purchases.

We don't need people like this in the FS business.

luisgordo
01-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Yeah they are closed up, some rumors flying around that they may start up again later this year but I wouldn't count on it. At least not under the Phoenix name with all the bad press. Go to avsim and read their now Unofficial Forums.

Quite a pity really. A320 PSS package was really good!

chrisdanker
01-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks for all your replies guys. I must agree agree though that I did find the A320 package rather a nice aircraft to fly.

As mentioned, the method of accessing their software via the website is a poor way of customers tying to get back their software that they paid for. My harddrive with all my doenloaded Flightsim software crashed anf that's why I am trying to get back all Scenery, Aircraft and other software that I purchased over the years.....A lot of money involved there......

Any thanks guys.........will look for alternatives.

Regards,

Chris

andarlite
01-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Chris

Check this out:

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/notams08/pss0117.htm

Maybe there's still hope for you to recover the software.

Regards,
Henry

W9XE/Project777
01-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Henry

Thanks for the update. I am a registered user of the full B777 package.

We wish them luck in keeping PSS going...

chrisdanker
01-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Henry,

Thanks for the update as well. Will definitely keep an eye out for the website ....

Reagrds,
Chris