PDA

View Full Version : I want to marry this pilot.....

David Rogers
01-08-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm very happily married but today I broke the news to my wife that I am looking to start practicing polygamy.

You see, I stumbled across what I think is the best aviation video I've seen (and I own 30+ Just Planes and ITVV cockpit films).

It is the Columbia 400 video, available here :-

http://www.flightvideoproductions.com/columbia_400.htm

The film introduces the Columbia 400 - the fastest single piston aircraft on the market. With a sidestick and also the avionics of the Garmin 1000, this aircraft rivals airliners in terms of it's functions and capabilities.

But it is the pilot, presenter, and Head of Sales Support for Columbia, Emily Watters that really makes this a magical aviation video. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

As well as being utterly gorgous, Emily knows her aircraft inside out and is a fantastic pilot.

I would heartily recommend buying this video - it has something for everyone, it covers the full procedures and planning for the flights, as well as the walkaround, checklists and operating procedures for the 400 ..... oh, and it has Emily too... :mrgreen:

GA isn't my thing, but this video is still fantastic and had me gripped for 91 minutes.

Columbia recently went bust, and have been taken over by Cessna, who will continue production of the "Cessna 400" as it is now known..... I just hope they kept Emily on as part of the deal !!

:D

Matt Olieman
01-08-2008, 12:43 PM
There was a pilot??????? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Geremy Britton
01-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Why don't you ask your wife if she would like to join us i'm sure she would find some interesting posts to have a read through ....... or maybe not :neutral:
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Matt Olieman
01-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Good thing Tracy Hale and Westozy's Missus isn't reading this.... we'd get a (text) thrashing :twisted::mrgreen:

Trevor Hale
01-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Careful what you say Matt, Argh, now you have done it.... LMAO

Tracy Hale
01-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Good thing Tracy Hale and Westozy's Missus isn't reading this.... we'd get a (text) thrashing :twisted::mrgreen:

Don't get me started...... :p:mrgreen:

Trevor Hale
01-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Nice, Matt

You had to open Pandora's Box now didn't you!

No worries Dear.. I know where the sofa is.......

Tracy Hale
01-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Hey David, when is your wife joining us on here? ;)

Matt Olieman
01-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Oops, I'm sorry fellows...... :(

AndyT
01-09-2008, 04:42 AM
Its a nice plane but it was never one of my favs.
And I'm not really into blondes. I'll just leave them for the rest of you.

Now, Patricia Velásquez, or someone like her... THAT could get me in serious trouble with my wife...

(She played Anck Su Namun in The Mummy
http://www.patriciavelasquez.com/node/76 )

David Rogers
01-09-2008, 01:45 PM
:oops::oops::oops:

Tracey, I just want to point out, that it was entirely Emily's piloting skills that I found so enchanting and attractive. I barely noticed that she's also a foxy young lady :mrgreen:

My wife is dying to say hello to you all here but I think I had better keep her away from the forum, until this post has 'dropped off' :mrgreen:

(I've just moved the link to our fine forum to the bottom of my favourites - now how yellow belly is that ?! :mrgreen:).

Great video though ...... Do you notice how she smiles when talking back to ATC ? ...... oops, there I go again .... :oops:

Anyway, about the aircraft, I'm not convinced that sidesticks on GA craft are anything other than a gimmick but I do love the fact that this little plane has avionics that compete with modern heavy metal !

Fascinating to see that with the Garmin G1000, you can punch the AP in at 400 feet and get a good IAS referenced climb.... (this little plane has a flight level change mode, so can climb with reference to airspeed, like an airliner :) ).

Eaglesoft have just released a Colubia 400 add-on.... you can read the review at avsim.

:)

Sarah Rogers
01-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Oh so that's the fascination with all this stuff !!!! .......

Well, I think I understand now!

You should have seen the smile on his face when he was watching that video ..... sad!

It's a good job I had Ty from Extreme Makeover Home Edition keeping me company while David was dreaming about Emily. ha ha....

Nice to meet you all. (Especially Tracey who seems the only one with any sense!).

Sarah.

David Rogers
01-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Oops.... I'll get my coat.

Tracy Hale
01-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Nice to meet you all. (Especially Tracey who seems the only one with any sense!).

Sarah.

Hello Sarah and welcome to mycockpit! Glad to have another wife aboard!

If I had any sense, my husband wouldn't have a Simulator in my basement :roll: LOL!

Tracy Hale
01-09-2008, 02:22 PM
:oops::oops::oops:

Tracey, I just want to point out, that it was entirely Emily's piloting skills that I found so enchanting and attractive. I barely noticed that she's also a foxy young lady :mrgreen::)

Ummm ok....I THINK I believe you :roll:

Trevor Hale
01-09-2008, 02:40 PM
It's a good job I had Ty from Extreme Makeover Home Edition keeping me company while David was dreaming about Emily. ha ha....

Hi Sarah,

I am curious though.. Why you girls like Ty, I will never know. My wife says he can eat crackers in her bed, I don't know why though.

Sheesh,

Oh well, Great to have you here. and If David tells you things only cost 58 bucks. Its true, everything in the simulator world costs 58 bucks :)

Best regards,

Trev

Matt Olieman
01-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Welcome aboard Sarah..... I'll just keep it low key, and keep my mouth shut, to stay out of trouble..... :roll:

Tracy Hale
01-09-2008, 02:47 PM
oh come on Matt, would love to hear your input ;)

David Rogers
01-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Matt's caused enough trouble...;)

:mrgreen:

Sarah Rogers
01-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Hi Sarah,

I am curious though.. Why you girls like Ty, I will never know. My wife says he can eat crackers in her bed, I don't know why though.

Sheesh,

Oh well, Great to have you here. and If David tells you things only cost 58 bucks. Its true, everything in the simulator world costs 58 bucks :)

Best regards,

Trev

It's funny Trevor because 58 bucks equates to about 25 of our british pounds and that is roughly what he tells me most things cost. The postman must wonder what the heck goes on in our home, he delivers strange shaped parcels almost on a daily basis. and most are things that "oh it only cost £25". :roll:

David's "thing" is in our attic room and I just avoid going up there.... if I don't see it, it doesn't scare me !

But he knows that the attic room may just eventually need to be a extra bedroom! :mrgreen:

(Sorry to spoil your day sweetie! x).

Matt Olieman
01-09-2008, 07:23 PM
:roll:I'm staying out of this.....:roll::???:

Trevor Hale
01-10-2008, 09:03 AM
It's funny Trevor because 58 bucks equates to about 25 of our british pounds and that is roughly what he tells me most things cost. The postman must wonder what the heck goes on in our home, he delivers strange shaped parcels almost on a daily basis. and most are things that "oh it only cost £25". :roll:

David's "thing" is in our attic room and I just avoid going up there.... if I don't see it, it doesn't scare me !

But he knows that the attic room may just eventually need to be a extra bedroom! :mrgreen:

(Sorry to spoil your day sweetie! x).

Thats very interesting indeed. It is very important that my wife only sees 1/2 the stuff that I arrive with. And when she see's something new, I use the line. "oh that... I have had that for ages."

No worries Sarah, You will get used to it.

Don't need any spare bedrooms. I am sure David would be happy to move to the sofa :)

Trev

Tracy Hale
01-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Don't need any spare bedrooms. I am sure David would be happy to move to the sofa :)

Trev

Sarah, it's kind of funny how my hubby thinks your hubby will like the sofa. I'm pretty sure my hubby bought this house only with the sim in mind. Yes I love my house, nothing wrong with it, but I'm pretty sure that's all he was thinking about or at least it was on the TOP of the list before anything else. :roll:

Matt Olieman
01-10-2008, 09:25 AM
I don't hide anything from my wife. I always tell my wife in advance what I'm buying;) Now, she may of forgotten what I've told her, but that's not neither here or there :???: Strange enough, she forgets that she had given me approval of buying the parts :(:roll:

She also doesn't remember the prices, always thinks the price I paid for is high. She doesn't understand, when the item goes on sale, and while I wait for the approval process, the price goes back up :roll:

Oh well, I'm a good boy who always tells my wife everything :roll:

Anybody want to buy the Brooklyn bridge?

Trevor Hale
01-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Too funny Matt.

I agree, I have tried that method, however never managed to master it. So I switched to the "it only cost 58 bucks" or the "I have had that for a long time"

Indeed Tracy is right, You should have seen my real estate agents face when I told her I needed a room in the basement for my simulator, and if it didn't have one, I wouldn't buy the house. LOL

Oh well. We ended up with a very nice house indeed.

Trev

Tomlin
01-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Welcome Sarah! I have entertained inviting Heather here, but that could be bad....

Trevor, I too, was enchanted with our home (have just been in it for just over a year now) by the fact that it had a very doable 'hangar' building out back. A 16.5 x 16.5 building suitable for houseing the sim! Heather jokes about how that was the selling point for me.

Tracy Hale
01-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Tomlin, "hanger" out back eh? Hmmm...we do have a rather large garage out back that would look lovely with the sim inside that :cool: For some reason though, my hubby doesn't like the idea

Trevor Hale
01-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Correct, We have a large shed in the back yard, however, It is to hard to stager drunk outside of the house in the cold winter months. Much better to be in the house, so if I fall flat on my face, I am somewhere between the sim and the Bed. If I had my way, the sim would be in the Master Bedroom. LOL

Tomlin
01-10-2008, 11:59 AM
If I had my way, the sim would be in the Master Bedroom. LOL

Oh Crap....

Tracy Hale
01-10-2008, 12:00 PM
If I had my way, the sim would be in the Master Bedroom. LOL

If I had it my way.......nope, nevermind...have to behave on here :roll:

Tomlin
01-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Tomlin, "hanger" out back eh? Hmmm...we do have a rather large garage out back that would look lovely with the sim inside that :cool: For some reason though, my hubby doesn't like the idea

Tracy, you can just call me Eric- Tomlin is way too proper here! Yes, the building is rather nice but needs to be finished on the inside. Thankfully, my Dad gave me both an a/c unit and a heater, so there's no reason to not put it out there.

For me, it possibly lessons the likely hood of Heather walking in, demanding my attention while Im on short finals

For Heather, it frees up my office as a 'play space' for our unborn kids! :-)

Tracy Hale
01-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Eric, I think you have just given me a VERY good idea!

Instead of flippen boards....oops I mean phidgets for Xmas presents, I'm gonna buy my hubby a heater and bar fridge for the garage! :D

Matt Olieman
01-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Who started this .... anyways????? Sounds like a separation coming in the works.....

Tracy Hale
01-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Who started this .... anyways????? Sounds like a separation coming in the works.....

The only thing separating is the sim from the house...into the garage :mrgreen:

Tracy Hale
01-10-2008, 12:14 PM

Oh and I believe it's David's fault...he started this :p

Matt Olieman
01-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Phew!!!!! I thought the finger was going to pointed at me...... What a relief :)

Tracy Hale
01-10-2008, 12:30 PM
LOL don't you remember that you chose to be quiet to keep out of trouble? You are one of the smarter ones Matt! :D

alxvt
01-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Only to say that also here in Italy things goes in the same way..
Me too, as Matt does, told everything in advance to my wife about this project, and that's why i'm actually building my sim in the garden!

Bye all

Bob Reed
Oh the things I could tell!!! But I will not say a word........

Geremy Britton
...Well nice to have you on MC.org I for one didn't think it would happen:eek:
It's nice to read a bit of opposition in the sim world from the women:) even though they wont get what they want.

Blimey Matt, your going to have to add another sub-category in the photo gallery for "pin-up Pilots" at this rate.:mrgreen::idea:

gez

Trevor Hale
01-10-2008, 01:30 PM
The only thing separating is the sim from the house...into the garage :mrgreen:

Either, the SIM Goes, or the Wife goes.....

who do you think will win?? Maybe we need a poll on this LMAO.

Bob Reed
01-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Either, the SIM Goes, or the Wife goes.....

who do you think will win?? Maybe we need a poll on this LMAO.

Sounds more to me like maybe the Husband will go..... What do you all think??!!:D

Matt Olieman
01-10-2008, 03:02 PM
No Poll necessary Trev.... You and I both know who will win....

Trevor Hale
01-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Good point, Perhaps I should stop at the flower shop on my way home?

Bob Reed
01-10-2008, 03:17 PM

Might be the only way out at this point.......:?:

Matt Olieman
01-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Flowers may be in order here Trev :cool:

Tracy Hale
01-10-2008, 06:36 PM

where's my flowers???? :roll:

David Rogers
01-10-2008, 06:48 PM
There is a 3rd category....... (in addition to "it cost 58 bucks" and "I've had that ages"......

......it is "oh, this, I actually ordered and paid for this months ago but it's been out of stock so it only just arrived" ..... I find that one works well !!

Tracy Hale
01-10-2008, 06:49 PM
There is a 3rd category....... (in addition to "it cost 58 bucks" and "I've had that ages"......

......it is "oh, this, I actually ordered and paid for this months ago but it's been out of stock so it only just arrived" ..... I find that one works well !!

not anymore it doesn't :p

James Twomey
01-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Reading all of this makes me really careful in making sure my wife isnt looking over my shoulders....LMAO All the purchasing secrets are getting loose!!!!!

Tracy Hale
01-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Reading all of this makes me really careful in making sure my wife isnt looking over my shoulders....LMAO All the purchasing secrets are getting loose!!!!!

You do realize we find out no matter who spills the beans :p

James Twomey
01-10-2008, 08:17 PM
well, I have to make the confession, that while I might give the illusion of keeping the costs and purchasing secrets closely guarded, My sim is financed by the allowance my wife gives me. :sad:

But at least I get my way and keep the Sim within easy fridge range, stumbling easily, drunk, back to bed when the flight is done. :cool:

Trev, you better get those flowers soon. Sounds like the sim might be moving soon if you don’t…LMAO:razz:

Bob Reed
01-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Oh I think it is way too late for flowers!!

Trevor Hale
01-10-2008, 09:21 PM
well, I have to make the confession, that while I might give the illusion of keeping the costs and purchasing secrets closely guarded, My sim is financed by the allowance my wife gives me. :sad:

But at least I get my way and keep the Sim within easy fridge range, stumbling easily, drunk, back to bed when the flight is done. :cool:

Trev, you better get those flowers soon. Sounds like the sim might be moving soon if you don’t…LMAO:razz:

LMAO I think it may be too late for flowers as well. :) Oh well, It was nice knowing you all :)

AndyT
01-10-2008, 10:29 PM
You know, I have this same problem not just with my Sim, but my guitars and amps and other goodies as well.

Maybe time to get a bigger house?

Tracy Hale
01-10-2008, 10:30 PM
We don't need a bigger house, we just need less big things in the house ;)

James Twomey
01-10-2008, 10:34 PM
You talking about Trev or the sim?????:-P LOL

Tracy Hale
01-10-2008, 10:35 PM
You talking about Trev or the sim?????:-P LOL

hmmmm good question! I'll get back to you on that one :D

AndyT
01-10-2008, 10:42 PM
By the way Tracy,
I like the new picture of you. The other one made me think Trev had a gun to your head off camera.
"Now SMILE so they think I love you more than the sim..."

Tracy Hale
01-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Thank you Andy. Not sure whether to tell you now or not that he DID have a gun to my head...the threats I get from him are unbelieveable :roll::p:mrgreen:

Jackpilot
01-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Amazing how a thread dealing with that subject can go at length...5, 6 7 pages ..
All these grown up men looking like (or pretending to be) little kids doing their little kiddie things..hiding from the dreaded/feared/respected/loved "wife"..feeling guilty to spend a few hundred hard won bucks on their sim, pretending to be cool on the subject of sexy female test pilots ....a bit pathetic ..
I could be wrong but even if I am the only one, I dare to say it...
Now Ladies start your APU's!!

Tracy Hale
01-11-2008, 08:38 AM
feeling guilty to spend a few hundred hard won bucks on their sim

just to clear things up...my hubby does NOT feel guilty when he spends "$58" on his sim :roll: :p

Trevor Hale
01-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Don't feel guilty when I spend more then "$58", because to my wife, it will never cost more then the "$58"...

Bob Reed
01-11-2008, 11:50 AM
$58.00?? no no this is something a friend of mine sent me!!;)

David Rogers
01-11-2008, 11:51 AM
not anymore it doesn't :p

Doh! :twisted:

David Rogers
01-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Amazing how a thread dealing with that subject can go at length...5, 6 7 pages ..
All these grown up men looking like (or pretending to be) little kids doing their little kiddie things..hiding from the dreaded/feared/respected/loved "wife"..feeling guilty to spend a few hundred hard won bucks on their sim, pretending to be cool on the subject of sexy female test pilots ....a bit pathetic ..
I could be wrong but even if I am the only one, I dare to say it...
Now Ladies start your APU's!!

Wow Jack - you have a bad day ? ..... that seemed a bit of an unnecessary attack.

This thread is in the AVIATION HUMOUR section - if you don't like it, don't BE here .......

At the end of the day you just embarrassed yourself as you came across as lonely and bitter with no sense of humour.

:roll:

Tracy Hale
01-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Wow Jack - you have a bad day ? .....

I was thinking the same thing, but was behaving :roll: LOL

David Rogers
01-11-2008, 12:02 PM
I think it was probably his hormones Tracy. ;)

:razz:

Tracy Hale
01-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Don't feel guilty when I spend more then "$58", because to my wife, it will never cost more then the "$58"...

things that make you go "hmmmmmmm" :cool:

Tracy Hale
01-11-2008, 12:05 PM
I think it was probably his hormones Tracy. ;)

:razz:

there's medications for that LOL!

Jackpilot
01-11-2008, 02:13 PM
it's not an APU ...it is a roaring P&W!!!..

Full reverse.....!!!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/jackpilot/36_12_62.gif...

Jackpilot
01-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Sorry Guys...was just trying to say that the "joke" is over worn....that's all.
No hard feelings...and David...my hormones are OK! I Just checked with the multimeter!

Cheers

Tracy Hale
01-11-2008, 02:46 PM
With us wives in here now, I think the "ratings" have gone up. The joking will never be worn out with us here ;)

Jackpilot
01-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Tracy
Please accept my apologies...was meant to be supportive of sim Ladies and it came out all wrong...
Let's forget it.

Tracy Hale
01-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Apology accepted...it's all good! :cool:

Matt Olieman
01-11-2008, 04:11 PM
It's getting kinda mushie in here.... Jack's right, we need a new joke, or post. I can't believe this.... eight pages :) :) :) WOW!!! Certainly got some smiles out of me :) :) :) :)

David Rogers
01-12-2008, 05:54 AM
There should be no limit of pages on a topic around here, no ?

I really don't understand some people's attitude to things... who's to make the call on when a joke is worn out?....... if a thread (in an off topic board) has become boring to you, it's quite simple; you just don't click on it .. !!!!!! Some people ...... :roll:

Anyhoo, there's a certain little feature in the settings page that can be pretty handy on any forum in cases such as these..... onwards and upwards!

Matter closed and no hard feelings this end.

Matt Olieman
01-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Oh, don't stop because what I said.... "I Love It." There's no limit regarding posts :) :) :) That was just my dry sense of humor coming through ..... :cool:

Tracy Hale
01-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Oh, don't stop because what I said.... "I Love It." There's no limit regarding posts :) :) :) That was just my dry sense of humor coming through ..... :cool:

You know us women will never stop right Matt? :D

Bob Reed
01-12-2008, 11:08 AM
You know us women will never stop right Matt? :D

Boy is that the truth!:D

Tracy Hale
01-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Boy is that the truth!:D

Hey nothing from the peanut gallery :p

Bob Reed
01-12-2008, 11:12 AM
:o hehehehehe.... Thought I would get a response!

Matt Olieman
01-12-2008, 11:12 AM
I have to agree with Bob, Tracy :(

Tracy Hale
01-12-2008, 11:13 AM
LOL! Hey did you see what my new signature says? :roll:

Tracy Hale
01-12-2008, 11:13 AM
I have to agree with Bob, Tracy :(

Awwww Matt, I didn't expect that from you :roll:

Bob Reed
01-12-2008, 11:15 AM
LOL! Hey did you see what my new signature says? :roll:

I am not going to touch that one!!!

Tracy Hale
01-12-2008, 11:16 AM
I am not going to touch that one!!!

LOL!! :mrgreen:

James Twomey
01-12-2008, 11:30 AM
If I might chime in here again......

Concerning the new signature, does that mean that Trev can give simulated diamond jewelry, and flowers on those occasions in which such a gift is called for???? Hummm...... :p

Tracy Hale
01-12-2008, 11:32 AM
If I might chime in here again......

Concerning the new signature, does that mean that Trev can give simulated diamond jewelry, and flowers on those occasions in which such a gift is called for???? Hummm...... :p

Not if he values his life! ;)

James Twomey
01-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Not if he values his life!

Whew....that is good. I thought there for a minute Trev, she was going to say "Not if he values his sim!!".....LMAO

Tracy Hale
01-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Not if he values his life!

Whew....that is good. I thought there for a minute Trev, she was going to say your "Not if he values his sim!!".....LMAO

He's heard that line before :cool: It's fun threatening with a screwdriver

Matt Olieman
01-12-2008, 12:05 PM
After reading this thread and laughing, laughing and then some more laughing, I thought (very dangerous when I do that) :) perhaps we should have a "Let's get personal" forum topic? :mrgreen:;):mrgreen::)8-)

Bob Reed
01-12-2008, 12:09 PM
hehehehe:p:p Maybe?????

Tracy Hale
01-12-2008, 12:13 PM
that could be dangerous along with all that laughing ;)

Trevor Hale
01-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Not if he values his life! Whew....that is good. I thought there for a minute Trev, she was going to say your "Not if he values his sim!!".....LMAO

ROFL. She has on occasion threatened to randomly cut some wires while I am at work. That would not be fun at all.

Time to install some locking doors on that room lmao.