PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Aviator And Pmdg Won't Go?

Geremy Britton
12-26-2007, 10:33 AM
i have as i said got pmdg for christmas. liking it very much however the autopilot panel i ordered new from desktop aviator a couple of months ago will not work with the PMDG 737ng 700/800 fleet. if i turn a rotary or push a button on it is doesn't do anything when it worked perfectly on the default 737 on fs9

can seem to figure out what the difference is?

i've heard other people cannot get their msp pro going with pmdg either. is this a fault with PMDG?

Thanks in advance!

gez

Bob Reed
12-26-2007, 10:53 AM
It is the PMDG software. They use there own logic and offsets and it does not work through FSUIPC so your panel will not work with it.

Geremy Britton
12-26-2007, 11:25 AM
so FSUIPC assignments dont work with it?

Westozy
12-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Which autopilot did you buy?

Gwyn

Geremy Britton
12-26-2007, 11:42 AM
it was desktop avaitor's model: 2020 autopilot panel

David Rogers
12-26-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm not familiar with any Desktop Aviator products, but the CP Flight MCP works a treat with PMDG, (with no overpriced additional drivers required).

mounty
12-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Hi,

If your MCP "talks" to FSUIPC you can program your MCP with the PMDG key commands for their MCP. When you open FS and have a flight set up go into the PMDG menu - key commands where you'll find all the assignments to program your MCP via FSUIPC. Be sure to put "double" commands in FSUIPC with the rotary encoders - they may have two speeds and so you need to put the same keystroke in twice for each direction. You can find this out by turning the rotary slowly and watch the selection box and then very fast and see if it changes. If it changes then you need to input the keystrokes at both speeds.

Hope this helps

Rob

Geremy Britton
12-27-2007, 04:10 PM
still no luck will try and contact desktop avaitor directly and see if they can give me any more info.

thanks for help so far:)
gez

Geremy Britton
01-02-2008, 03:22 PM
I have sent a message to desktop avaitor support and i hope to get a reply in the next couple of days.

geremy