PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Gift...real A320 F/O in my Sim.

ralmav
12-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Hi Folks,

Last week there was a real pilot in my sim. He´s working as a F/O in the A320 series for Lufthansa. He also had serveral times as guest on a 737 flightdeck.
So i was really anxious to hear what he would say about the sim.

Hey guys... it was absolute amazing :D.

We went from EDDS to EDSB and vice versa. We did the flight with all the checklists and charts. I was in the captains seat ,he did the takeoff and landing. It was the first time that i really really really thought i´m in the real aircraft even though we´re often flown in twos.

It was so great when he went through the takeoff and approach briefing...
i never did it with that speed ... :mrgreen:

So here is his final conclusion:

Absolut impressive...the position of the panels, the feel of all controls and the eyepoint to the runway comes very close to the real thing...he would recommend this sim as an absolut serious training facility ....

yipeeee.....:D

Man ...this is a huge Christmas gift !!!

With this in mind i wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy new Year !!

Cheers

Ralf

Matt Olieman
12-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Congratulations Ralf. You're right, a huge Christmas gift. One of these days I'll get one in mine :)

ralmav
12-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks a lot Matt! What was really amusing: When I switched BAT ON the first time the MCP didn't come up. So I turned OFF ON again two times then everything came alive.
He grinned and told me that in the real A320 they sometimes also have a problem with a system hangup when switching BAT ON the first time.... "some OFF and ON again will do the trick" ...:shock:

luisgordo
12-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Most impressive!