PDA

View Full Version : Elderly New Builder

Heron 1B
12-13-2007, 06:09 AM
Just like to introduce myself, signed up several weeks and finally made it to the intro.
Yes I am a bit old in the tooth but willing to give this cockpit building a try.

What a fantastic site this is, all that knowledge to call upon.

I flew Commercially back in the 60's/70's, several types from C402 to DH104/114 and later SC7 Skyvan, MU2G and DC3 F/O to name a few.
Joined QF in 74 on the ground in Flight Ops during the intro of the B747 and later B767.
Now retired following 20 years with the airline.

So now to my new venture, B737NG cockpit build and what a hobby this is going to be. It really gets you in.

Look forward to the challenge.

Many thanks to "Westozy" (Gwyn) for his encouragement (and B737 sim flt)

Derek (DelF for short)
(Heron 1B)

ozziesim
12-13-2007, 06:36 AM
Welcome aboard, its good to see alot more Aussie's taking up this rewarding hobby, especially those who are experienced like yourself in Aviation.

I too am building a 737NG also inspired by Gwynn and am in Perth WA. Gwynn definately is the master in this area however if there is something that you need help with i will do what i can to help.

Goodluck with your sim.

Heron 1B
12-13-2007, 06:55 AM
Many thanks for the welcome and offer to assist.

Cheers,

DelF

Westozy
12-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Welcome aboard, its good to see alot more Aussie's taking up this rewarding hobby, especially those who are experienced like yourself in Aviation.

I too am building a 737NG also inspired by Gwynn and am in Perth WA. Gwynn definately is the master in this area however if there is something that you need help with i will do what i can to help.

Goodluck with your sim.

I'll stop talking to you if you keep spelling my name with two NNs!

luisgordo
12-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Welcome on board DelF !!! ;)

Trevor Hale
12-13-2007, 07:31 PM

Wouldn't give him any more warnings Gwyn"N" LMAO....

Michael Carter
12-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Welcome aboard Del. Hope you find some useful info here.

Heron 1B
12-14-2007, 01:00 AM
Luis
Boeing Skunk Works, like the tag.

Hey Guys, many thanks for the welcome, much to read up on here, never ending. Great stuff.

Cheers,

DelF

Michael Carter
12-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Nice to have another experienced pilot aboard. Gwyn, Dodiano, WX9E/Project 777, myself, and probably several others whom I have forgotten to mention are also rated.

I think it's possible you have more flight hours and cycles than all of us combined.

We have rated pilots here building everything from helicopters to T-38's and everything in between.You're sure to find something you'd like to model.

As for my tag, if you're in a spot, those are the only three speeds you really have to know for the 727.

ozziesim
12-14-2007, 02:28 AM

I know sorry i keep doing that for some reason ha ha !!

Westozy
12-14-2007, 04:21 AM
I know sorry i keep doing that for some reason ha ha !!

No worries Clintonn!