PDA

View Full Version : How Many Monitors?

Geremy Britton
12-11-2007, 02:15 PM
I have a dell dimention computer 5150. I want to idealy have around 3 more monitors connected up to the current one to display instruments on the MIP etc. Could you tellme if this is possible and the maximum amount you can have just running on one computer.

Thanks in advance

gez

David Rogers
12-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Take a look on the back of the PC - how any graphics card outputs are there?

Most will have 2 - so you can attach a monitor to each.

Or you can buy a TripleHead2go device which provides 3 monitor outputs.

David.

Geremy Britton
12-11-2007, 02:51 PM
yeah, mine has 2 output does this then mean i can attach 2 more monitors to the current one totaling 3?

Also the triple head to go does that only work with scenery could i display instruments on it?

Tomlin
12-11-2007, 03:09 PM
This is a great topic for Westozzy

David Rogers
12-11-2007, 03:51 PM
yeah, mine has 2 output does this then mean i can attach 2 more monitors to the current one totaling 3?

Also the triple head to go does that only work with scenery could i display instruments on it?

Well if it has 2 outputs, is the current monitor not already using one of them ?? (If not, then I guess you have 3 outputs no ??).

Basically, you can attach as many monitors as you have outputs on your graphics card. On a standard modern graphics card like I said this is usually 2.

But you can also install a 2nd graphics card that can feed seperate monitors, or you can get TH2GO which splits 3 outputs out of on of your PCs output.

Geremy Britton
12-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks- yes i have 2 outputs with one already filled by the current monitor. So i will probably go for the triplehead2go option.

As i asked will the matrox TH2G Display anything of your choice not just have to be the scenery. I would need it for the instruments?

gez

andarlite
12-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Use it however you like.... instruments, scenery, other.

Regards,
Henry

Geremy Britton
12-12-2007, 01:24 PM
cheers for your help - and a happy christmas to you all!

David Rogers
12-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Geremy - yes anything as Henry said, but it is not so good with 2D panels as they get stretched a lot! Virtual cockpits are great with it, as is scenery!

Cheers,

David