PDA

View Full Version : Christmas and Holiday season!

David Rogers
12-11-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi all,

It's coming up to the time of year where I'd like to wish each and every member of the forum a very happy Christmas and holiday season!

I have been on the forum for around 3 months now but it seems like I've always been here - that's because I was made so welcome from the outset.

Great bunch of helpful people here, it is the best forum community I've ever been part of (and I have been part of many flight sim, music production and motorbike forums over the years!).

So thanks again and very best wishes from North East England!

:mrgreen:

Tomlin
12-11-2007, 09:38 AM
...and the same from me to you all as well!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :-)

Fuglsang
12-11-2007, 05:30 PM
And a Merry Christmas to you all, here from Denmark too!! :mrgreen:

Matt Olieman
12-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Nicely said David, and thank you!!!!!

Happy Holidays to all :)

mpl330
12-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Merry Christmas all - and here's to a less frustrating New Year!!!
Mike

ps David you better not have that Bus up and running before I get my NG off the ground - you are progressing far too well and quickly for my likeing ;)

AndyT
12-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Merry Christmas to all of you! (We need a break from the normal world...;))

luisgordo
12-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Merry Christmas for all you too!!
Happy New Year!!
I eco your opinions about this forum: pretty nice being around here !!

Michael Carter
12-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Merry Christmas to all of my friends here at the site.

Trevor Hale
12-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Happy holidays from the member that lives the closest to Santa Claus out of all of us :)

Trev

737NUT
12-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Merry Christmas to all and a prosperous New Year building and flying our sims!

Westozy
12-12-2007, 04:11 AM
Cheers David, same to you.

I'll be thinking of you over there in my country of birth playing in the snow while we suffer in our 40C degree days. Our Christmas cards still have snow on them, go figure!

Gwyn

Ex Halifax, Yorkshire!

David Rogers
12-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Cheers David, same to you.

I'll be thinking of you over there in my country of birth playing in the snow while we suffer in our 40C degree days. Our Christmas cards still have snow on them, go figure!

Gwyn

Ex Halifax, Yorkshire!

Oh cheers Gwyn, rub our noses in it why don't ya ! :lol: ....... yes, it's -4 degrees here in Northern England today. "Too cold to snow" as they say! ..... I would kill for just a day of Ozzie December weather !!

Have a great one down under!

Geremy Britton
12-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Yep as David said it is not particularly warm in East yorks over the next few days. (to say the least!):mad:

Christmas dinner on the beach is it Gwyn?:cool:

Westozy
12-12-2007, 05:32 PM
LOL, yes we have had many a Christmas day at the beach in the past and many people do it. We have friends from Bournemouth staying this Christmas, I think they are in for a surprise. David you said you'd kill for an aussie summer day, it would probably kill you! It can be really awefull when it's hot and the streets are empty with everyone staying inside in the aircon. I've had a gutsfull of working in it and have decided to change jobs. I have a job interview next Tuesday for "Mechanical Instructor" at a training institute. The workshop is full of lathes and mills, I can just imagine a dozen apprentices all learning how to make parts for Aerosim Solutions throttle quads, Ho Ho Ho!!!

Gwyn

David Rogers
12-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Gwyn - that job sounds perfect for you (or the perks do anyway!).

Gwyn's boss: "Gwyn, are you sure your using the company equipment for work use only?".

Gwyn: ."Umm, yep boss".

Gwyn's boss: "Oh, it's just there's what appears to be an entire aircraft flap mechanism over in the corner there with a depatch note to Paraguay. The students must really be coming along well".

:mrgreen:

Seriously though, good luck with the interview!

Dave.

JWS
12-19-2007, 07:47 AM
To all the fellow builders, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

JWS

Tracy Hale
12-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Merry Christmas to all! I hope Santa is more understanding about your Sims than us wives and may you get all that you want ;)

David Rogers
12-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Merry Christmas Tracy!

PS. I hear Santa is building an Airbus up their in the North Pole, so he may be sympathetic to our lists !

Mrs Rogers and I have a child on the way (due in June), so it's more likely to be cribs, bibs and jumper suits in my stocking this Christmas ! ....all good though!

:)

Tracy Hale
12-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Merry Christmas Tracy!

PS. I hear Santa is building an Airbus up their in the North Pole, so he may be sympathetic to our lists !

Mrs Rogers and I have a child on the way (due in June), so it's more likely to be cribs, bibs and jumper suits in my stocking this Christmas ! ....all good though! :)

A Merry Christmas to you too David!

Yes Santa is nuts...not quite sure what's wrong with his sled but now he needs an airplane :p

Congrats on the baby, that's fantastic! All the best to you and your wife

David Rogers
12-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Thank you! Yes, it's an exciting Xmas for us, but not as exciting (or hectic!) as next year's will be !

Tracy Hale
12-19-2007, 10:13 AM
well next xmas, the baby will only be 6 months old....wait until the 3rd or 4th christmas when he/she wants to take the decorations OFF the tree or unwrap presents before xmas day!

then when they are about 13 years old, wait until you realize how expensive those presents get....almost as bad as "Santa" and his sim presents he wants ;)

Paul Thomas
12-19-2007, 10:50 AM
I wish all of you a merry christmas and and a prosperous new year.

Geremy Britton
12-19-2007, 01:37 PM
merry xmas and a happy new year!

HansJansen
12-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Well, what can I add...

Best wishes to all of you!