PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday!!! Eric

Matt Olieman
12-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Shhhhhh don't tell anybody..... but I just noticed the birthday cake with candles and Tomlin's name next to it. SO, it must be his birthday.

Happy Birthday Eric!!!!!!

Michael Carter
12-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Happy Birthday Eric! ;)

Geremy Britton
12-04-2007, 02:00 PM
have a good un! :D

David Rogers
12-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Happy Birthday Eric - hope you got some bits for the Lear !

Tomlin
12-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks guys! I just got thru on my lunch break taking the Learjet for a quick test spin to test out some FSUIPC spike filter stuff. It was great flying in front of a big screen finally!

So, I may not get any new bits of kit any time soon (although Im considering VOX ATC) but having the sim set up is nice!

Geremy Britton
12-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Vox atc is a must! no more pressing buttons realy great for me anyway.

keep a look out on ebay i bought mine in america for £10 and that's including shipping from america to the UK.

good luck

geremy

Tomlin
12-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Gez, are you using it with FS9? How bad is the AI traffic situation since it's not controlled by VoxATC? Also, that dialogue box is optional, right?

Geremy Britton
12-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Hi, Eric

I am using FS9. Vox atc talks to other AI traffic in the area just like the standard vox atc does. Just like the standard atc but you get to speak instead! The dialogue box is optional however it is recommended because you need to know exactly what to say it doesn't accept just general chat. Saying that vox atc has very good recognition i have voice buddy too but vox atc is definately the best. After a while you get used to the phrasing and how what it says so you may not need the dialogue box.

If you do decide to buy Vox Atc ensure you get AT&T natural voices included. This realy enhaces the speaking frrom the controller to more natural speech instead of the standard micrsoft mike in windows which to be honest is awful very robotic. :???:

I would go for the deluxe version if you have the choice!

Also just to make sure you are aware you do need good earphones with a mic. this way the voice quality is better picked up and Vox Atc recognises more.

If you like; i can PM you the manual from on my computer for you to have a look at and see its capabilities if you aren't sure

Kind regards,
Gez

P.S: Again - Happy Birthday!:p

Tomlin
12-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Oh, okay but I was under the impression that VoxATC didnt actually control the other AI traffic though?

Geremy Britton
12-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Vox atc does talk to AI traffic whilst in flight and on the ground - well it does in the deluxe version anyway! Eg. Vox atc may tell another aircraft to turn to another heading etc then the pilot acknowleges. I dont actually know if the AI responds to the command given or not because i havn't been watching other planes' around me! I certainly sounds real but i realy cannot comment on if the command is actually carried out on AI planes.

..Gez

Tomlin
12-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Hi Gez

I have spent a bit more time digging and only the FSX version has ATC that actually commands the AI. In FS9, you hear interactive ATC with AI, but you wont see it working on the AI around you. I take it that you havent had too many 'close calls' with AI that was being controlled different from yourself?

I look forward to getting it. Just may wait for the FSX version later on though.

Take care, and thanks!

Geremy Britton
12-06-2007, 12:34 PM
If i remember rightly i think there is a vox atc X out at the moment so this may be a possibility for you. In my situation i don't realy care if AI traffic doesn't respond as long as there aren't any collisions;)

Gez

Tomlin
12-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Well, Im just running FS9 now so I wont buy the FSX version till my machine is a bit better for running it.