PDA

View Full Version : Landing and Taxi Lights

Trevor Hale
11-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Hey guys,

Question?

I turn on the landing lights and they show up for about 3 seconds then turn themselves off all of a sudden.

I turn on the taxi lights and they show up for about the same length of time and then turn off again.

They are physically not turning off, but they disappear from the forward view as if they were shutting themselves off.

Any ideas?

Trev

Westozy
11-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Dodgey bulbs?

Sorry Trev, couldn't resist it!!!

Trevor Hale
11-24-2007, 08:53 PM
LMAO Must have been made in Australia...

Trev

Michael Carter
11-24-2007, 10:55 PM
That has happened to me too Trevor. I don't know why it happens.

Thomas Richter
11-25-2007, 05:41 AM
I think your A/C's are grounded!

FS9 or FSX ?
A internal A/C panel is disabled ? It is the typical effect if you use hardware and switch the Offset against a A/C panel that is still active and switches then back (1-3 sec).

Michael Carter
11-25-2007, 08:35 AM
I don't know that PM has anything to do with it. It has happened to me and I'm not using PM.

Thomas Richter
11-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Not PM, any FS panel that is still active with its own logic. That means there are sometimes panels like PMDG does, when you then set e.g. Ldg lights the panel sets it back because its own switch has not been used.
So those panel lines or switch describtions has to be removed from the panel.cfg.

Thomas Richter
11-25-2007, 08:50 AM
To describe it easy :-)

It works like the relationship with a wife! What ever you do will be reseted if you didn't asked before that it will be Okay to do.

Michael Carter
11-25-2007, 09:21 AM
I see. Thank for the clarification.

Trevor Hale
11-25-2007, 10:45 AM
I think your A/C's are grounded!

FS9 or FSX ?
A internal A/C panel is disabled ? It is the typical effect if you use hardware and switch the Offset against a A/C panel that is still active and switches then back (1-3 sec).

LOL

It is Fs9, and I have the Panel Directory completely removed from the aircraft directory. I thought the same as you Thomas, Hardware turns it on, and the Panel turns it off. But I have no panel.cfg file either.

Any other ideas?

Trev

Trevor Hale
11-25-2007, 10:47 AM
To describe it easy :-)

It works like the relationship with a wife! What ever you do will be reseted if you didn't asked before that it will be Okay to do.

I completely understand now :)

Thomas Richter
11-25-2007, 11:19 AM
In FS9 if you remove the panel.cfg or its folder, FS uses a panel.cfg from the closest A/C then.
You should use in any case a Panel folder with a panel.cfg, e.g. we use ever a panel.cfg where are only the views defined, nothing else.

[VIEWS]
VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM= 0.70
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR= -7.5, 0, 0
VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.70
VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR= -8.0, 0, 50
VIEW_RIGHT_ZOOM= 0.70
VIEW_RIGHT_DIR= -8.0, 0, 90
VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_ZOOM= 0.70
VIEW_REAR_LEFT_ZOOM= 0.70
VIEW_LEFT_ZOOM= 0.70
VIEW_LEFT_DIR= -8.0, 0, 270
VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_ZOOM= 0.70
VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR= -8.0, 0, 310

Trevor Hale
11-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Perfect, Thanks I will try this right now.

Thanks Thomas.

Trev

Trevor Hale
11-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Ok, Well that didn't cure the issue. Made no difference at all.

Only the Taxi and Landing lights do it. Is it possible this is a battery drain issue?

Where Pmsystems is telling the lights there isn't enough batter juice to light them? I have confirmed that when PMSYSTEMS is shut down, my lights stay on.

Any ideas Thomas?

Trev

Thomas Richter
11-25-2007, 11:59 AM
What logic do you use for the lights?

Trevor Hale
11-25-2007, 12:00 PM
I am using Build 109 737 default logic. Modified for 3 engines. :)

fsLogoLight = LogoLight
fsBeacon = Beacon
fsLandLight = LandLightR or LandLightL
fsLogoLight = LogoLight
fsTaxiLight = TaxiLight
fsWingLight = WingLight
fsNavLight = WingLight

fsStrobe = Strobe <> 1

Thomas Richter
11-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Should not be the problem.
Just show with FSUIPC these values via "Logging" and check "AdvDisplay".
D0C as U8
2834 as FLT64

What values do you see when the Lights
- are switched ON
- when they go OFF by itself

Trevor Hale
11-25-2007, 12:13 PM
K.

It might take me a bit to figure that out, SO I will post back here with my findings.

LOL Just frustrating because as you said, Logic should be fine, but as long as pmsystems is off they work.

Thanks for your help So far Thomas.

Trev

Thomas Richter
11-25-2007, 12:18 PM
iIn the Aircraft.cfg (FS) there is under electric the setting when the differend systems are switching to OFF because of low power. May be in your logic the GEN's switches not correct to ON and the Battery in FS will be discharched.

Trevor Hale
11-25-2007, 01:38 PM
I checked the aircraft.cfg and everything appears to be ok.

What I suspected was that my stupid interface (which is crap) was changing the fslandlight and fstaxilight different then Pmsystems changes it.

so by commenting out the pmsystems variables

//fsLogoLight = LogoLight
//fsBeacon = Beacon
//fsLandLight = LandLightR or LandLightL
//fsLogoLight = LogoLight
//fsTaxiLight = TaxiLight
//fsWingLight = WingLight
//fsNavLight = WingLight

Everything works swimmingly. now.

Anyone want to sell their old interfaces, let me know. This one is going out the window so I can drive over it a few hundred times.

Thanks for all your help

Trev

Thomas Richter
11-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Ah, that means you doesn't connect the pm Offsets to your hardware, instead you connected the FS-Offsets to your hardware and pmSystems (the wife) switched the FS-Offsets back.

Trevor Hale
11-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Correct,

After I bought my Interface the guy closed his doors and never finished the software, so the only options I have are to use his pulldown menus for functions. If it isn't in the menu, you can't make it work.

If only I knew then what I know now.

Therefore I surmised that he isn't using Offsets to make the functions work, he is calling Flightsim functions instead.

Why more people didn't tow the line and use FSUIPC I have no idea.

The worst part is the software that runs the interface has to run on the flightsim computer, and it uses 45% of the CPU making flightsim really sluggish.

I have been dealing with this crap for 4 years now, and I am just about at the end of my rope :)

Thanks again Thomas.

Trev

Westozy
11-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Quote = "I have been dealing with this crap for 4 years now, and I am just about at the end of my rope :)"

Sounds like a job for Simboards!

Trevor Hale
11-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Quote = "I have been dealing with this crap for 4 years now, and I am just about at the end of my rope :)"

Sounds like a job for Simboards!

LOL Gwyn, If I only had the money :) anything would be better then what I have.

Westozy
11-26-2007, 06:49 AM
Ok I'll make you sick then, I have a spare FDT 128 input module, a 64 node output module and a master module sitting here doing nothing until the next planned upgrade when I plan to rewire eventually with ribbon lead and multipin plugs. My 2nd TQ customer 'gave' them to me for under 400 aussie bucks! I'll be able to have a module in the O/H with only the USB lead coming down, and landing light indicators etc. That's if I ever get time to work on my own sim again!

Gwyn

Trevor Hale
11-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Yes, that indeed makes me sick. Actually as it turns out, Bob has an extra EPIC USB Module I am going to try. So if you don't see me around for a bit, it is because I have slit my neck trying to figure that monster out LOL.

Here's hoping LOL

I am eager to see your new throttle units painted.