PDA

View Full Version : Strange Brake probelm FS2004

Peter Nielsen
11-23-2007, 06:25 AM
Hi,<o =""></o>
<o =""></o>>
I recently “upgraded” my FS system to run Windows XP instead of Win 2000, yes.. no <st1 ="">Vista</st1>f or me yet. And still staying with FS9.<o =""></o>
But, since then I have a problem with the brakes.<o =""></o>
<o =""></o>
On the ground they work fine, the toe brakes/differential brakes all work fine, but once airborne passing usually 3000ft the Brake message lights up in lower left corner and I simply cannot get the brakes off any longer.<o =""></o>
<o =""></o>
On landing the a/c comes to a stop in a fraction of normal roll out and seems stuck in place, even giving full throttle and/or and appliying toe brake does not disengage the brakes.<o =""></o>
<o =""></o>
I have tried to reverse assignments for the rudder, moved Sensitivity and Null zones all over the place but the issue is persistent<o =""></o><o =""></o>
Any good ideas?<o =""></o>
<o =""></o>
Cheers<o =""></o>
Peter<o =""></o>

spitfire9
11-23-2007, 01:22 PM
You probably already checked this,, but,, maybe your parking brake has been assigned to a different key when you made the switch and you are inadvertantly engaging the park brake once airborne ??

Bob Reed
11-23-2007, 01:25 PM
Also make sure if you turned the Auto Brakes to RTO you have turned them off....

Jackpilot
11-23-2007, 04:01 PM
I had this.... but with project Magenta
Had to uncheck a box in the MCP ini.file about brake disengage or something like that...????

Michael Carter
11-23-2007, 11:09 PM
This has happened to me as well while assigning functions in FSUIPC. Make sure the correct game device is displayed before assignment.

Also, sometimes for whatever reason, FS will change assignments on you. I've caught it doing this more than once in the near past.