PDA

View Full Version : PM Team?

B738
11-23-2007, 04:54 AM
Hi Guys,

Has anyone heard what the PM Team is doing. I haven't heard anything in ages?

telly53
11-23-2007, 05:38 AM
relaxing in the bahamas...ha ha .

michelmvd
11-23-2007, 12:04 PM
A week or 2 ago , Jonathan informed me that a lot of the know bugs would be fixed in a still not released CDU version.
If this one will come from the Bahamas, I don't know ;) ;) ;)
B. Rgds
Michel

Matt Olieman
11-23-2007, 12:11 PM
relaxing in the bahamas...ha ha .

I'm willing to bet that they wish they were :)

sas550
11-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Since PM choosed their path when it comes to support there's prolly nothing we can do about that. I wish they still had used the forum to communicate but I'll respect their decision.

However from time to time I see that members have been in touch with them.

How about if we have an own internal "This is what I talked with PM about" thread? So we can keep ourself updated on what's been said and done.

I know it's easy to get a hotbed for rumours but with some disciplin, common sence and tough moderators it can also be something that stop the feeling of a dead project (though I know it isn't) I get from time to time.

Just an idea. There might be things I haven't consider so please fill me in.

BlackWidow
11-23-2007, 02:46 PM
On 19/08/07 I was very excited to see an update on PM I was even more excited when i read this on the PM site in the news section
"After several weeks of no updates (vacation, several trips) an new cycle of re-compiled newer builds has been uploaded to www.projectmagenta.com/latest.html

We will also be looking at the navdata cycle issues.

Several major updates will be released in the next couple of weeks."

well its now near DEC and im pretty sure that a couple of weeks have passed I have come to the conclusion that this is Par for the course when it comes to PM. Even more frustrating for me is that i do not have the Boeign or Airbus software but i do own the GAGC and RJGC and the updates that PM has put out have done very little in respect for updating graphics or fixing a minor bug. I am not trying to bash PM at all. I love the software they have, I just wish the support and updates were more then what they are now. Soon i imagine that PM will not be the only game in town and hopefully we will see better support form PM.

Bob Reed
11-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Since PM choosed their path when it comes to support there's prolly nothing we can do about that. I wish they still had used the forum to communicate but I'll respect their decision.

However from time to time I see that members have been in touch with them.

How about if we have an own internal "This is what I talked with PM about" thread? So we can keep ourself updated on what's been said and done.

I know it's easy to get a hotbed for rumours but with some disciplin, common sence and tough moderators it can also be something that stop the feeling of a dead project (though I know it isn't) I get from time to time.

Just an idea. There might be things I haven't consider so please fill me in.

I think this is a good idea... Go ahead and start one!

Matt Olieman
11-23-2007, 03:38 PM
I think this is a good idea... Go ahead and start one!

I think what Anders means is starting a separate "Topic" area, not just a thread.

I'm not sure if a separate topic area is necessary, but certainly not opposed. I've noticed PM users usually end up sharing their findings here (mycockpit.org) that they had with PM tech support.

Tony
11-23-2007, 03:40 PM
.............???
They were there when I needed them recently (12th Oct / 5th and 18th Nov) , with tips and solutions.
Just like before..........

PeterH
11-23-2007, 04:56 PM
As we all learned PM is handling their support on individual level case by case. The more Iīm convinced that we need a specific topic like Anders proposed in order to let everyone know whatīs been done and said to not double or tripple bother PM support with one and the same thing.
Canīt see any good reason though for PM to not solve those things in public as it would probably take a significant load off their support team and on top it would confirm that they are actively interested in us customers.

Just my 2 ct worth

Peter

michelmvd
11-23-2007, 05:53 PM
I certainly can agree with the suggestion. From my site I always try to inform the community if I received an answer from support.
Looks good to me
B. Rgds
Michel

NicD
11-23-2007, 05:55 PM
I was thinking similar thoughts about this recently! I suggest we have an issues, bugs and workaround tables that lists all the things we know are issues, and ways we have found to get around them (if any). That way all users will see the information in one spot and we won't have to cycle though these threads every month. And, just maybe, PM will see it in one spot as well. :)

But a forum thread is not the right technique for presenting that sort of information. What we need is some sort of table or spreadsheet that can be editied by all, or have a person who maintains it and other users send their findings to them. Can something like that be hosted here? I'd be willing to assist with this if it is possible.

Matt Olieman
11-23-2007, 06:50 PM
What we need is some sort of table or spreadsheet that can be editied by all, or have a person who maintains it and other users send their findings to them. Can something like that be hosted here? I'd be willing to assist with this if it is possible.

Fantastic thinking Nic!!!!! I'll look at what is available, it would have to be in the confines of the PM Forum and work with vBulletin. I'll research it and get back here with my findings.

Matt Olieman
11-23-2007, 08:48 PM
As I was checking what was available, I noticed vBulletin announced a major upgrade that will be available next week. One of the upgrade features will enhance search capability. Perhaps something like what Nic mentioned.

I ask you to wait a little longer, as we go through the upgrade (over the next two weeks), look this over carefully, and see what we can do to take advantage of this upgrade and help us accomplish what Nic suggested.

David Rogers
11-24-2007, 08:15 AM
.............???
They were there when I needed them recently (12th Oct / 5th and 18th Nov) , with tips and solutions.
Just like before..........

I don't think this is in question - it's not about tips and hints, its about releasing an updated build that addresses the MAJOR bugs that exist, particularly in the cdu software.

Trevor Hale
11-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Hi David,

I agree with you the general consensus here isn't really a tips and tricks thing, I gather it is more a Troubleshooting spreadsheet, Listed with Symptoms on the left and solutions and workarounds on the right.

I would like to see this happen, however I think it will be a nightmare to keep updated.

PETER

The main issue with PM Having a forum is that "SOME PEOPLE" Not all but some do not read the forum, because they don't want to have to search the existing ones for answers, we see this on a daily basis here at our site where multiple posts on the same topic appear again and again.

It is a common issue with forum users.

Lets see what Matt comes up with here and we can go from there.

Trev

brianwilliamson
11-24-2007, 02:40 PM
I have been having some FCU problems to which I posted an article on this site, asking if anyone else was having problems.
I just e-mailed Magenta and within a couple of hours had a very positive and helpful reply.That is very fast service! If and when I discover the exact problem and the answer I will post it. I think the idea of having all our problems and answers in the one area is a great idea.
Regards...............Brian W.

Tim
11-24-2007, 06:49 PM
What may help is having more forum sub-group categories for the different PM products. That is, separate sub-groups within the main PM group for each PM product. Such as:

Boeing
Airbus
RJ
GA Glass
GA IFR
Instructor Station
Systems
Sounds
Map
etc.

Sure would make it easier to keep up on posts for your particular aircraft software. Posts can get buried real quick in "General PM Q&A".

luisgordo
11-25-2007, 06:46 PM
I have received support from Enrico just few days ago...

I bet they're about to post new updates for all products!! :)