PDA

View Full Version : Hagstrom Question

Michael Carter
11-22-2007, 05:04 PM
I have one of the Hagstrom boards that interfaces via the keyboard 6-pin mini DIN jack on the computer.

If I were to use a USB adapter plug for this card, would the system recognize it as a game controller or another keyboard?

As it is, I cannot use FSUIPC directly with this, but if I could get it in as a game controller I'd have direct access to FSUIPC.

Anyone try this?

BlackWidow
11-22-2007, 05:08 PM
BSW im not sure of the answer but another solution would be to use KeySim it is very easy to use. http://www.elliesystems.com/ just in case you did not have the link already

Gsey
11-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Im 99% sure it would only be seen as a keyboard. I dont think it matters how its connected to the computer. The chip on the hagstrom encoder would still be selling itself as a keyboard.

What model of board do you have?
Gary

Michael Carter
11-22-2007, 09:39 PM
That's what I figured. I can't remember which one it is now, KE32 or 48 or similar. I'd have to look.

andarlite
11-22-2007, 11:35 PM
Mike

Does your normal keyboard work with FSUIPC? If it doesn't, it should. The Hagstrom board that interfaces with your keyboard is just sending the keypresses to your computer as if you were typing on the keyboard. Do you see the keypresses that are generated by the Hagstrom on Notepad? If you answer yes to all of the above, then it should work.......... you don't need the USB adapter. Even if you were to get the USB adapter, your computer still wouldn't see it as a game controller, but as another keyboard.

Regards,
Henry

kiek
11-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Hi,

Even as a keyboard you can have it to work directly with FSUIPC.
In FSUIPC there is a Keys tab in which you can define what FSUIPC should do upon receival of a certain key-stroke...

Nico

wollo
11-23-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm using a KE72 with PS2 connector (mini din) I've programmed the inputs as key not used by the sim like ctrl win g etc. then I go into the keys section of fsuipc and hit rescan (I think) then I flick the switch and assign like that. Good luck.

Bill.

Michael Carter
11-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Sorry, I do have access via FSUIPC with the Hagstrom board. I was confusing myself with the K2M program using the Hagstrom board and the keyboard.

I haven't experimented yet with using it directly with the aircraft model via FSUIPC. I'v been trying to use it with K2M, but the K2M program seems unreliable at times.

wollo
11-24-2007, 07:47 AM
I've not used k2m only k2l. however I believe k2m uses absolute screen positions so if the image moves at all you would have probs.

Michael Carter
11-24-2007, 12:14 PM
No, the panels don't move. I have several things programed using the K2M, but while they worked when tested, some functions don't work when in actual use.

It's as though some of the programming was lost. But when I open the K2M text file, it's all there though. It just doesn't always work.