PDA

View Full Version : More Video

Shamrock224
11-19-2007, 12:12 AM
A couple of videos from the WorldFlight USA 2007 team. Demonstrates the most important part of our cockpit, Squawkbox and a VATSIM userid...both free!

YouTube - WorldFlight USA 2007 - CYVR

YouTube - Re: WorldFlight USA 2007

Greg

spitfire9
11-19-2007, 02:15 AM
Wow,, nice sim,,, and that 747 made me jump !

NicD
11-19-2007, 03:52 AM
Looked like our VOZ9303 on the runway for your 2nd go-around ... but we'll blame the controller! :D

thx for the video Greg

Matt Olieman
11-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Nice videos.... Look out for the "mad" 747 :) WOW, close call....

Thanks for sharing the video :)

PaulEMB
11-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Very nice, Greg,

Looks like I found a new way of flying, once I get my projected house move done next year! ( Well maybe the year after, if I have to rebuild the sim again:( )

o76o
12-22-2007, 03:11 PM
A couple of videos from the WorldFlight USA 2007 team. Demonstrates the most important part of our cockpit, Squawkbox and a VATSIM userid...both free!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDqUXGm44Gk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQmE3BhQzqQ

Greg

Hey, gotta say thanks to you for posting those vid's. After watching I got curious and checked out what this vatsim is all about, well its quite confusing and a bit scary for a new pilot but i signed up with them, I've now done a few flights around London and I'm enjoying it a lot.

All the terminology and info you need to know is very inundating but definitely worth persevering with.

So yeah, thanks for posting! :D

luisgordo
12-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Very nice vids and cockpit too! Definitely the challenges faced during online flights are most daunting!
**** of a surprise that 747... how did the controller let that happen?! :)

Michael Carter
12-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Very nice vids and cockpit too! Definitely the challenges faced during online flights are most daunting!
**** of a surprise that 747... how did the controller let that happen?! :)

I was wondering the same thing.

Great video. Thanks for posting it.

Shamrock224
12-23-2007, 02:41 AM
VATSIM can be a bit daunting at first, I remember connecting myself for the first time at London Heathrow (what was I thinking), no idea how to file a plan, what a squawkcode was and I thought airways were what TV came over...

Without exception however, I've found the atc to be very helpful and encouraging to new pilots. It really does add a whole new dimension to flying. I joined-up with Delta VA recently aswell and they run online events every week with 20-30 pilots flying the same route, real people flying the other a/c you see and providing ATC sure beats the **** out of Microsoft AI and ATC!

BTW, the near miss with the 747 in the video, we think what happened is that the pilot had already landed and then, while still connected to Vatsim, replayed his landing. That would explain why we had no TCAS alert and why ATC didn't see him.

Greg