PDA

View Full Version : This has to be the greatest

Michael Carter
11-17-2007, 11:34 AM
I did my first 'official' flight on the new system last night. I had a lot of conflicts between assignments for the controllers and I did a little on the fly programming for the overhead.

It was a short early morning hop from Munich to Innsbruck on a modified SBG1 arrival.

Never have I seen scenery look this good on a computer I've owned. Every computer I've ever bought has already been obsolete at the time of purchase.

I did see frame rates dip down to 18 fps a couple of times, but it wasn't very noticable. On take-off it really looked like I was rolling down a real runway.
Frame rates were smooth and held at 23.8fps during the approach even with UT Europe running.

Still no flap axis in FSUIPC.

Geremy Britton
11-17-2007, 02:21 PM
thats funny actually because i have just tried out my flight with a variety of new software i bought. Vox ATc and Voice buddy ( both of which i strongly reccommend for the ultimate in realism) I have just got a couple of duplicate key presses i need to sort out. All these different add ons requiring different key presses. i doues get rather depressing when you load up a flight and when disengaging the autopilot you find your gear or flaps extends as well and you realise you have double assigned a keypress. then i have to go hunting through a dozen add ons finding the duplicate:-(

i should realy record every keypress and what programme and button it is assigned to that will help a lot. but i never want to do the boring parts when there are much more interesting things to do like make a yoke or panel - these seem to take priority!:)

Geremy

BlackWidow
11-17-2007, 02:31 PM
BSW cant remember what version FS you are using is it FS9? The reason i ask and would like yours and others opinions is that i am using FSX because i feel the scenery is so much better then FS9 I only have Ultimate Terrain for FS9 but my sliders are all the way left and i get 25 -30+ FPS easily even at major airports but in FSX my sliders are a little to the left of center most of which would be considered high and i get 20fps except at major airports its more like 9 to 14. sometimes i feel like I should go back to FS9 because of performance but when ever i see the scenery I just cant seem to do it.

Michael Carter
11-17-2007, 10:58 PM
I can't handle the low frame rates that FSX would provide on this machine. I am running FS9, but that's what I bought the computer for. Running a four year old program on a new machine is great for me. I also insisted that this machine had XP Pro loaded.

Dreamfleet doesn't have an FSX 727, UT Europe, GAP's, and a lot of other payware is not yet out for FSX. Fly Tampa doesn't have anything to my knowlege yet either.

I'm thrilled to finally be flying on a computer with no frame rate issues in the highest density scenery areas and the most complex payware aircraft I have.

Most of my settings are nearly maxed out to the right. 3rd party add-on scenery is maxed out, terrain detail is at 80%, Global Scenery is at 90%.

Radar
11-17-2007, 11:52 PM
thats funny actually because i have just tried out my flight with a variety of new software i bought. Vox ATc and Voice buddy ( both of which i strongly reccommend for the ultimate in realism) I have just got a couple of duplicate key presses i need to sort out. All these different add ons requiring different key presses. i doues get rather depressing when you load up a flight and when disengaging the autopilot you find your gear or flaps extends as well and you realise you have double assigned a keypress. then i have to go hunting through a dozen add ons finding the duplicate:-(

i should realy record every keypress and what programme and button it is assigned to that will help a lot. but i never want to do the boring parts when there are much more interesting things to do like make a yoke or panel - these seem to take priority!:)

Geremy

Did ypo check out It's yur planehttp://www.itsyourplane.com/

Micheal. You amaze me with your work. Everytime I see your updates it keeps me motivated to keep going. Keep up the great work.

Michael Carter
11-18-2007, 01:04 AM
I just took anothe test flight with Global and Terrain Detail maxed. The frame rate never moved, the the detail certainly went up.

I'll post pics tomorrow. I gotta hit the sack. Early day tomorrow.

sas550
11-18-2007, 03:51 AM
Hey BSW! Great that you're up an runnin again.

Sometimes when I've read your posts about you flying it has hit me that you very often fly in Europe. Since you are an American I'm curious to why you seem to prefer Europe?

It would be nice to hear if there's any major differences between the continents. Well I'm off course aware of the obvious one's like different pressure units and transition alts.

I have been thinking of trying to fly online in America but felt that I need supervision from someone who's been there before.

Michael Carter
11-18-2007, 08:32 AM
Flying in the US has become very boring and routine. I've been flying in Europe now for the last three years.

Gsey
11-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Great to hear your back up running and the new system has worked out well.

Gary