PDA

View Full Version : GA navigaton instruments

aviaparts
11-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Hi,

Just wondering who is using general aviation navigation instruments, VOR, ADF from simkits or other companies.
Not easy to find these things and not many reviews to find.

So i'm curious ;-)

wollo
11-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Only "virtual" instruments: PM, GAIFR that sort of thing. If your interested let me know.

Bill

aviaparts
11-16-2007, 02:51 AM
Hi,

Thanks but the virtual gauges are not an option to me, I am using a real piper panel so they all have to be separate units.
But it would work for the the EADI on EHSI, I would have to use 2 small lcd monitors for this, the trick will be to find 2 good small monitors with a good enough resolution ... I guess the type used for the CDU's would do the job.

Mike.Powell
11-16-2007, 11:38 AM
It is possible to build simulated instruments.

http://home.versateladsl.be/verlejan/welcome.html

Kennair
11-16-2007, 12:14 PM
Marnix,

I don't use them myself as all mine are virtual on LCD's, however I have read and seen many, many sims on the net using instruments from Simkits or Flight Illusion with great success. I certainly haven't read complaint reports from users. I must say you wouldn't want to be disappointed given the cost of these factory made gauges.

If you're handy though follow Mikes link above for some great inspiration, or indeed Mikes own website (and book) for all the news on how to make your own.

Ken.